Blood is the same no matter the type.

Everything is owned by J K Rowling. I only own the plot. (Snape and Dumbledore do not die in this one as it is linked to the story.)

The room shuddered as the scream of one Hermione Granger was heard. The scream seemed to taint the people watching this display of cruelty and that was the Malfoys. Draco watched as his auntie Bellatrix Lestrange began to carve into Hermione's arm. Just listening was enough to make Draco's heart tighten in his chest watching this but seeing it made Draco want to drop everything and save her which was unlike him. He wanted to scream and yell at his auntie every time she muttered that filthy word into Hermione's ear. 'Mud blood.' Yes he used to call her that. But he repented his ways ever since the start of that faithful year.

Year seven of Hogwarts when he was sent to kill his headmaster who helped guide him though the troubles of becoming a death eater but Dumbledore always said it was essential for him to do it or Voldemort would win. Yes, he said Voldemort. The word everyone was too afraid to even utter the beginning consonant but he did. He wasn't scared of Voldemort but he was scared of his father. But that's another matter for another day. On that balcony, Snape put Dumbledore under the 'Illa mors somnus' spell which means death like sleep. He managed to take all the death eaters out the school before Dumbledore woken. Draco believed he had the courage of a Gryffindor as much as he hated to say it and all due to that girl. 'What was her name? Oh Lily.' Draco remembered. Still Voldemort had no clue of Dumbledore being alive which was a good thing. Now he was a spy for the order and only he and Dumbledore knew of this.

But Hermione's scream then cut through his thoughts until he burst with rage. He pulled his wand out with a slick motion. "Expelliamus!" He yelled snatching Bellatrix's wand when it flew through the air. Bellatrix looked disgusted as she looked upon Draco as if he was a mud blood himself. Hermione gazed up to Draco with concern and relief in her eyes but all changed to horror as she witnessed Bellatrix moving towards Draco like a predator circling its prey.

"How dare you betray me? For a filthy-"

"Don't you dare call her that!" Draco yelled cutting his aunties words. Silence soon penetrated Malfoy Manor. Draco's eyes held sharpness that shown care to Hermione but anger to his opponents.

"Wormtail!" Bellatrix yelled. "Take this Mud blood to the dungeon."

Draco got ready to pounce at his auntie but was held back by his father harshly.

"For that you can kill the Mud Blood or the Dark Lord will deal with you." Draco shivered, pretending to be afraid of Voldemort.

He ran down to the dungeon and took the knife his auntie gave to him. Once he saw Hermione, his heart gave and he realised he couldn't do this. He ran in and cut open the bindings that locked her wrists and arms together.

Hermione's eyes widened as she saw what he was doing. She tried to stop him but he shook his head pleading for her to stop trying. "Look, as soon as I get you free, I want you to run, run as far away as you can. Find a way to your friends Weasel and Potter. Be safe." He whispered low.

"Why Malfoy? Why risk your life for... a mud blood." Her voice broke at the word he had teased her with for years.

"Because our blood is the same...no matter the type, or race." Hermione began to cry but out of sorrow at the thought of leaving him behind.

"You work with Dumbledore... don't you?"

"Yes... now if we don't hurry two people die instead of one." He said harshly but her next words stopped him momentarily.

"I won't leave you here! You will die...."

"It is better I than you. You will go and you will leave to get yourself help. Get Dumbledore and give him this letter." He handed it to her after finally undoing all of the bindings.

"No Draco...I won't leave you!" she tried to plead with him but he stopped her with his lips. His lips crashed with hers in a desperate but passionate way that Hermione gave herself no choice but to return it. It was fierce but somewhat painful in the way it was delivered but she knew why it was like this. Draco thought he was going to die. He pulled away with flushed cheeks and eyes that screamed pain as he knew he had to leave. "Go..." he said quickly as death eaters began to come.

He could hear their footsteps closer and closer, the harshness of how much force was slammed against the floor by their feet. He pushed her away as she tried to latch on... and she ran.

She ran as fast as she could, holding the note and her own wand in her hand. She ran with her entire being into the forest for herself and Draco as well. But in the distance, the skull of Voldemort appeared in the sky showing he had arrived. She ran quicker but stopped just to hear Draco's scream. She turned around in a flash and yelled. "Periculum!" She sent red flares into the air and heard the rushing of death eaters bursting through the windows in search of what caused those flares. She knew that Draco would be angry with her but she didn't care. She ran and burst through an invisible border to hear the words... "Hermione?" and her vision went red with anger.