*16* Change of plan

Começar do início

“What? ” You ask, sensing me watching you.

Caught red-handed, I look away.

“N-no, it's nothing t-that,” I stutter and feel myself blushing.  There's no way you didn't notice it, but you didn't mention it.  You don't talk much at all, others around you talk a lot, and you usually just listen to what we have to tell you.  This would even be cute if it weren't for the annoying part about me wanting to hear what you're thinking too.

“Okie dokie, Mr. Sherlock Holmes, I heard you were going to the Formula 1 race in Singapore? ”As usual, you change the subject, and I am grateful for it.  Why are you calling me Sherlock?

But wait...

How do you know that?

I stop writing to look at you sideways.  You are laughing.  Are you laughing at me?  So be it, laugh whatever you want to laugh at, as long as you're happy, the rest doesn't matter.

You brush away the hair that falls on your forehead.  They annoy you, they are too long.  You take off your glasses and put them on the bed next to you.  All you.  You never feel like getting up and putting your things away, you usually leave them somewhere nearby and then look for everything and always claim that you know exactly where everything is.  That's funny.

“Don't make such a stupid face, it will stay that way”. You laugh.  I grab a blank piece of paper, crumple it into a ball and throw it towards you.  You dodge at the last moment and the ball of paper lands on our bed.   “Oh come on, Phuwin told me.  What are you going to do about it?”

“Nothing.  I would like to go, but I can't because I have the next few weeks planned, so of course I'm staying here.  Sometimes I hate being an adult.  I'm surprised that as a kid I looked forward to adulthood so much”.

There must be some bitterness in my tone of voice, because the smile disappears from your face.  You frown and tap your lips with your index finger as you start to think about something.  After a while you shake your head and say:

“No, you're hiding something from me.  Are you sure you're not going to sneak out?”

“Definitely.  Unlike the idiot sitting in my room, I don't have a twin brother or doppelgänger who could replace me at work while I'm having a great time at the race in Singapore”.

Eeeey!  But then why didn't you tell P'Off and P'Erin about it?  They could agree to postpone some dates”.

“I'm afraid that this is impossible.  Before I met you, I was not a very good and certainly disobedient boy, let's just say that P'Erin lost trust in me”.

“Do you mean the drama when you destroyed all the samples of the product you were supposed to advertise and showed up drunk at the event?”

“Not all of them, just some.” I say and then I open my eyes wide.  My jaw drops to the floor.  For a moment I lose the ability to speak.  Several unbearable thoughts run through my head:

«How do you know so much about me?  Were you following me?  Maybe you are my stalker?  Maybe there are no ghosts, no Heart exists, and this is all your evil, though brilliant, plan?»

And then I realize it's impossible. You don't seem like a bad person, you don't look like someone  who would plan something like that. It's not that you're some kind of idiot or anything, I just get the impression that you're too kind-hearted for that, someone like you couldn't possibly come up with such a perfidious and cruel plan.