19

"Stop pacing around, you're making me dizzy!" Aeri complains, slamming the innocent surface of her study table. It's five in the morning, she hasn't gotten her morning coffee, her sleep was ruined last night because a certain Hwang Yeji decided to barge in and steal her sheets, and said girl also woke her up due to... whatever reason that she's not yet told. Aeri could basically feel her patience wearing thin, and she's not liking how troubled her cousin looks. "What the hell is going on with you? Do you need me to bring Hyunjin in here?"

"No, it's just..." Yeji sighs, pressing her fist against her lips. She seems to be deep in thought, perhaps searching for the right explanation of what happened not even ten hours ago. Eventually, she drops down onto the edge of Aeri's bed, all the while keeping her anxious gaze to the floor. "Ryujin tried to kiss me last night."

Aeri's eyes widens slightly. She's stunned, maybe not so stunned where her eyes felt like they were going to pop out of her sockets, but she's stunned. Ryujin? That timid, kind, and awkward girl?

"Damn!" is all she manages to say. Unfortunately, Aeri earns herself a disapproving glare from the brunette. "Alcohol does crazy things. But um, I'm failing to see the problem?"

"She tried to kiss me! While she was drunk!" Yeji waves her hands around, clearly frustrated. "Can you tell me what that means?"

Aeri tilts her head and slowly nods. "Okay, so do you want me to tell you that a drunk man's thoughts—in this case, actions—are a sober man's thoughts? Or..."

"I don't think that'd be very helpful." Yeji shakes her head and stands up, once again, pacing around the room.

The Japanese rolls her eyes, resting her arms on her office chair. She was originally going to do some reading in her room, but Yeji just won't leave, saying something along the lines of 'What if I bump into her?' Aeri had to remind the girl that she herself brought Ryujin here, it's not really a what if. "First of all, what's so bad about this? I mean, don't you like her too?"

Yeji freezes in the middle of her stress-pacing, biting down on her nail as she gradually lifted her nervous orbs. "You... You could tell?"

"Yes! That one hundo is mine!" Aeri whispers to herself, pumping her elbow down. She soon clears her throat and raises her head, acting as if nothing happened. "Um... I guess? Ever since you guys got here, everyone could feel the tension. Oh and hey, did you know that you stare at her with the whole galaxy in your eyes? It'd be dense of me not to know."

The brunette shakes her head and sighs again. Her stress levels must've skyrocketed because the wrinkles on her forehead did not disappear. Rather, it multiplied.

"Seriously? Hwang Yeji, the most happy-go-lucky person I know that has never been romantically interested in someone else, hung over about an almost-drunken-kiss?" Aeri crosses her arms. "Ryujin needs to teach me her ways 'cuz how did she bewitch you that easily?"

"Nobody bewitched anyone," Yeji grumbles, collapsing down on the bed once again. She slams her eyes shut. "I don't even know what happened. I always knew that there was something between us—something more than friends, but I didn't know she felt the same way. Honestly, I didn't even expect her to do something about it. I mean, was she that drunk?"

Aeri grins while she watches Yeji drone on and on and on and on and... on about Ryujin. It got to the point where Aeri was starting to block her voice out. She didn't want to hear about how many towels Ryujin uses after she showers, she doesn't know what she would do with that information.

"Okay, lover girl! I don't need to hear anymore. You either shut up and go resolve it or you do my chores for the week," Aeri threatens. And it works, surprisingly.