9

Toothless. That's what they named the kitten.

It came to Ryujin this one drowsy night when her and Yeji were quietly watching 'How To Train Your Dragon'. Both of them had emptied glasses of wine set on the coffee table. Yeji was practically about to fall asleep on Ryujin's shoulder. But then, when the adventurous kitty hopped on the table and Toothless showed on the screen, she had an idea.

"What if we named her Toothless?"

Yeji seemed to awake at that, not sure if it was her tired mind hallucinating or if she really heard it. "What?"

"The kitten. Toothless," Ryujin tilted her head, "Not bad, right?"

"Toothless is a boy," Yeji remarked, her cat eyes narrowing at the screen.

"Then this Toothless can be a girl."

That enlightened the brunette, causing a fit of giggles to escape. "Are you sure that's how it works?"

Ryujin shrugged slightly, careful not to bump the other's head off her shoulder. "If we say so."

"What about Light Fury then?"

"But," Ryujin paused, observing the little black fur monster by their legs, "She's not that bright."

"At least she's a girl."

It took a while for Ryujin to reply, but when she did, her mind was set. "No, I like Toothless better."

Yeji, who could tell that there was no way of convincing or changing the other's mind, nodded and smiled. "Okay, Toothless it is."

"So then if we get another cat that is much brighter than Toothless— and a girl, we can name her Light Fury," Ryujin continued despite the unspoken end of their conversation. It appeared to have not occurred to her. Maybe it was the alcohol.

However, with her sudden statement, Yeji found it quite adorable. She laughed. "Yeah. Toothless and Light Fury. How romantic."

"It's not romantic, they'll be best friends!"

Alright, it's definitely the alcohol.