I failed.

General

Everyone walked into the wreck. All of them confused. A tear slips down Mike's cheek.

"Dad...?" Kiara asks, stepping by him, putting her hand on his back.

"Kiara, why?" He pleads.

"Why what?" She asks.

"Why would you let a boy do this to you?" He says, as his hands cover his eyes.

------------------------------

Mike -before he thanked JJ-

I suspected something wrong with my daughter. I truly did. It broke me too. I noticed the late nights she'd come home. Still wearing her uniform. When mascara would stain her cheeks. When she refused food claiming "she ate" or "wasn't hungry". When she flinched at my touch.

She flinched. She fucking flinched.

That's when I knew something was up.

I left for the Wreck. I went to check security. That's when I saw something.

KIE -remember this?-

I was working my closing shift. The door opens as I'm cleaning.

"We're closed-" I say slowly turning around.

I'm met with a very, very drunk Ashton.

"Hey, babe!" He exclaims, kissing my neck.

I push him off of me. Very quickly. My eyes go wide, and his eyes darken.

"The fuck?" He questions, giving me a look.

"I'm sor-" I push out, but just feel a cold, hard pressure on my face. Ow.

He pins me against the wall, forcing me to make out with him. I try to pull away, but he sticks his fingers into my hips, digging into them. I yell out, but he takes that as an opportunity to stick his tongue down my throat. His hands roam all over my body. Tears form in my eyes.

I don't want this.

I don't want this.

I don't want this!

I kick him off of me, and he blacks out. I start sobbing, feeling absolutely violated. I don't even process the cameras recording. I forgot there were cameras.

I just let very, very quickly.

------------------------------

Mike

I check the cameras. I saw everything he did. I tried to hear what they said, but I could only hear Kiara tell him to stop.

A few times, I watch my little girl fall to her knees, holding her stomach. She's starving. And if that's not enough, a few days of recording fly by. I watch Kiara close up on her own. I hear the sounds of her throwing up in the back. Then Ashton dragging her out by her ponytail, throwing her to the floor. He kicks her ribs. I can see the tears run down her face. I start it from the beginning and run home.

That's when I saw JJ off the ground, and Ashton on it.

Maybe this kid isn't so bad.

------------------------------

"I don't know what you mean, dad." Kie states, shaking her head and slowly backing up.

"Come back. Come sit." She quickly complies. "JJ, can you hold her still. Or maybe have her sit on your lap. This isn't pretty. I don't want her to feel uncomfortable." Mike states.

HIS LAP?

WHERE'S MIKE CARRERA?

THIS ISN'T HIM.

He quickly nods, picking Kie up, and sitting under her, while placing her sideways on him.

"Guys... you need to see this." Mike says.

They all feel his heartbreak. JJ tightens his grip on Kie.

Mike plays everything top to bottom.

Pope

No

John B

Fucking

Cleo

Way.

Sarah

I fucking knew it.

JJ

I watch in certified horror. The anger makes its way through my veins. I look down at Kie. She's still staring at the screen. She's in shock. Fear. I don't blame her. I kiss her head.

He hurt her in every way possible.

And it's all my fault.

"Kie." I manage to choke out, breaking the silence.

"Jayj..." she looks at me.

"How-" Mike beats me to it.

"How long?"

"Since he met the pogues." She whispers, holding onto me. "But you can't do anything about it! He'll kill me!" She yells, tightening her grip on me.

Well she didn't really yell. It was more of a rasp. I look at her throat. There's fingerprints all around it.

"Kie, I swear to God, did he force you to do anything?!" I question.

She nods, sobbing quietly, yet audibly.

"What Kie? What did he force you to do?" I ask her, tears filling my eyes. Everyone's crying, and I'm about to break.

"Everything." She admits.

And there I go. I bawl my eyes out.

I was meant to protect this girl.

I failed.