Insecurities

The train back to Hogwarts started to move, and the cabin where Luna, Harry, and Pansy were opened up. Behind the door was Draco; he smiled weakly at Pansy, but she was not looking his way. Instead, she was frowning at Luna.

"Afternoon, Suzuki. I hope you enjoy your holidays, yes?" said Malfoy.

"Draco. Good to see you, too. I did have a good time at home. Although I did want to spend more time with family and friends, the family business can be time-consuming," replied Harry.

Draco nodded with a courtesy smile, then turned to see Pansy, "Parkinson. We missed you at the party".

Pansy turned her gaze to Draco for a moment, still frowning, then she sighed, "I doubt it. Last time we went there, we were stuck with the house elf who did not let us do anything except eat and talk".

Draco smiled for a moment at that memory, then he looked at the third occupant of the cabin. "Well, I'll be taking my leave. I'll see you at the castle." The three of them nodded, and Draco left the cabin.

"He seems to be quite attached to you," said Luna. "He seems to be with less Wrackspurts than before."

"Well. A change of scenery once in a while always helps with that", said Harry.

"Oh, of course. Most of them are weak to the change", said Luna with a smile.

Pansy rolled her eyes while hearing their talk. Then she interrupts Harry before he can answer, "Where is Pandora?"

Luna's eyes turned to Pansy for a moment, and Harry first turned to Luna, "She is talking about my cat." He then turned to see Pansy and replied to her, "he is at home."

"What? Why?" Pansy wanted to pass the time while patting the cat, but now she would end up bored with Loony's random talk.

"Because I don't want anything to happen to him. I don't want him to end up like Ms Norris."

Pansy sighed for a second time, "I guess that makes sense."

"Say Harry. Do you know any of the Maho-nashi magic?" asked Luna.

"Maho-nashi magic?" asked Harry, perplexed about how contradictory that sentence was. Pansy rolled her eyes, getting ready for Luna's nonsense.

"Yes, you see, they created this amazing thing they called 'instant ramen.' It is a magical concoction crafted by them. They have this peculiar ability to transform a brick of noodles into a steaming, comforting bowl of warmth. They used warm water and just need to wait 5 minutes for it to complete".

"You know. You could have gone to the Staff Canteen", said Harry.

"Oh, of course. But Lupu invited me, and I could not resist," said Luna with a smile. "So, do you know how they do that? I am also interested in knowing how they were able to subtract flavors and put them inside small packages".

At that moment, Hermione and Dean opened the door. Hermione saw Pansy's annoyed expression towards Luna and could not help but feel sympathetic towards her. She had heard Luna's explanation of how the Lore of the videogames they played at Harry's home made perfect sense in real life. Dean, on the other hand, went inside and sat next to Luna.

"Hey guys! What are you talking about?" asked Dean.

"Instant ramen," said Harry. Dean and Hermione turned to Harry suddenly.

"Yes. I am fascinated by the magic used by the Maho-nashi. How were they able to create such a fascinating concoction. And the skill to remove flavor and put it into small bags." said Luna in her dreamy voice. "I was told that they do it so they can choose the flavor they want to test."