Punishment day

Professor Snape was working on some papers when a knock on the door sounded. "Enter", said the Professor without leaving his sight from the documents. The one that entered the room was Harry. He closed the door behind him and walked in front of the Potion professor.

"Professor. You called for me", said the student.

Professor Snape kept working for a minute. When he finally stopped, he took the papers in front of him and left them on the desk. He turned to see his student.

"Some professors had the idea that you were misplaced. That you should be in the same house as your birth parents," said Snape while putting his hands together.

"I, on the other hand, wanted to believe that your current guardians were able to raise you properly. Perhaps, they are the reason you were selected in Slytherin."

The Potion professor stopped talking and frowned while looking into Harry's eyes.

"I was starting to believe it myself. But then, you went and started to create problems in your classes. Although only Professor McGonagall has raised her voice, the rumours of you using a very dangerous spell have reached all the staff".

Harry was looking at his Professor, not with fear or anger. His face was relaxed, without making any emotion. The Potion professor stood up.

"Last year, I did not have any problem with your behaviour. I want to believe that your education as a Suzuki made it happen." The Professor then went close to Harry, "do not become a Potter."

They locked sight for a few seconds until Harry only nodded, and Professor Snape broke the contact and turned to his desk. He took a parchment and a pen with ink and started writing something.

"Go to the headmaster's office, and after you are told about your punishment, you will come here," said Professor Snape when he started to write. Harry nodded and walked to the door, but before he left, the Professor said, "Suzuki. Remember 'Sherbet lemon'."

Harry nodded and left the room. Outside was Pansy, leaning against the wall while reading a book. "So? What will be your punishment?"

"Still don't know. I will need to speak with the headmaster", answered Harry.

Both started to walk in silence until Harry spoke again, "what about you? Did they already tell you or the others?"

"Snape asked me to do an essay about the importance of Transfiguration in the magical world economy. I have no information about the other three. But knowing that Granger is a lion-like Professor McGonagall, she may only receive a slap on the wrist".

Harry only nodded and continued walking in silence.

"It is also rather weird that it took them almost three weeks to give us a punishment", blurted Harry. "Any idea why?"

Pansy was looking out the window when Harry asked her. "Only suspicions. They may have let it pass if it was only for one class."

Harry nodded, "that will explain why we have not heard of Bulstrode and Zabini's punishment. As far as I know, they came back to the classes". Harry looked out the window and saw Draco talking with Crabbe and Goyle.

The Suzuki heir and Slytherin's princess walked until they arrived at the courtyard. On one side of it was the entrance to the Headmaster's office.

"I will be waiting at the courtyard," said Pansy. She chose a bench and retook her book.

Harry turned his gaze back to the entrance. A Gargoyle was precisely in front of him. He looked at the statue and its details to find a way to pass it.

After not finding anything, he looked at the face of the Gargoyle, thinking, 'I don't think that it's going to work, but....'