CHAPTER 23

Everything was for Will's survival. I was giving up on him forever. I buried my love in my heart as my tears flowed gently. I hope this sacrifice works, and Will survives.

Oh, Suena, how foolish you are. How could I have believed in Angelina? Everything happened suddenly. I supposedly had definitive evidence. Now, Will remembering me only as disappointment shattered my heart. I didn't know what to do or what to think.

My thoughts were constantly changing direction, never stopping. Desperately, I still wanted a chance with Will. "Please survive, Will, let it be worth it." Suddenly, the words of the other Will came to my mind. No matter what he did, he couldn't change the past or the future. Trying to interfere by mixing up the dates at the restaurant to prevent our meeting didn't work.

Even if Will had rented the apartment he was supposed to move into, he could still rent an apartment in that building. Despite him blocking Will from my phone, we still met and had lunch. He had mentioned trying to change the past a few times before. At the end of each, Will was dying. This-this was an inevitable end. Will's death. No matter what we do, we can't change fate. Even if I gave up, this end was inevitable. Oh, Will... Wait a minute, Will's death. Will is dying! Everything started to make sense now. I understood everything. Tearfully, I looked into Will's eyes.

"It was me, wasn't it?"

"Wh-what?"

"The one who dies from being shot is not Will; it's me." He was stunned.

"No-no, of course not..."

"If you are the one dying, how are you alive now? Explain that." Will's silence explained everything.

"You struggled for me to come back to life. That's why you lied to me. To make me think Will was dead so I wouldn't stop him. In fact, it was you who gave up love just for me to live. Now I couldn't bear these events, but I was somewhat relieved. Will would live. But when I thought about it, life would be much worse after me. The Will in front of me explained everything. After our marriage with Will, even if I die, I still want those beautiful moments to exist.

"Sue, you will help me, won't you?" I gently nodded my head in a sign of refusal. Suddenly, he grabbed my hands.

"Sue, please don't do this to me, please. Can't you see what state I'm in after you? I've been in a mental hospital for years. Just to stop my suicide attempts. I can't go on without you. This is my last chance. Don't do this to me..." He was no longer hiding that he was crying. He was begging me.

"I can't bear seeing you die in front of my eyes, unable to breathe, knowing that after your death, you actually bid farewell to life with a piece of us in your belly." He knelt down.

"Ah, my Sue, you told me you had a surprise for me before you died. I never thought I would become a father. God, I can't bear this. I can't bear your absence. If this experiment hadn't happened, I would have tried to commit suicide again. But the hope that you could live again kept me alive. Sue, I'm giving up my love for you. Allow it, please." I knelt down. Looking at Will crying in hiccups, I spoke with kindness. "Listen to me, Will. No matter how much you wanted to escape fate, it didn't work. We can't change the past or the future. Let's say you changed the past. You and I never got married. But still, I'm sure I would get shot on the same day..."

Will seemed to have accepted it.

"...And you are aware of that. You just don't want to accept it. Just like meeting Will, going out to eat despite what you did, sitting in the apartment where he should be sitting, even though he moved to the apartment next to mine. You have to understand there's no escaping fate, and no matter what, I still want to spend beautiful years with Will and collect memories." I took the key from his pocket and hesitated before opening the door. I had to say something for him to have a good life after me. I knelt down.