CHAPTER 18

Will

The only name in my mind since the first time I saw her is Suena. But I can't understand why I behaved that way towards her at the club or my actions when I saw her having dinner with that guy. And lately, I've been treating Suena well. It's kind of a U-turn for me. I'm afraid she might misunderstand me. I don't know how to explain to her. That's why I'm trying to be cautious.

She's been on my mind from the beginning. I know she somehow affects me. I also know that I like her. What that guy said to me that day really got to me. The guy Suena had dinner with, whoever he is, told me that I couldn't impress her by being cold to other girls. I understood it later. I was actually trying to impress Suena using this tactic. Just like I tried to impress other girls before. This tactic backfired on her, making things even more complicated. Because of these nonsense, I might lose her without ever winning her.

Despite being an irresponsible and bully kid before, I feel like I'm changing as I get closer to Suena. Her positivity and happiness surround me. Oh, and last night at the club, I found out that she is Linda Suares's daughter and the owner of that club. This is where I'm really scared. Because I'm afraid she might interpret this U-turn for her money and status, not for her.

I'm afraid she won't understand that I've been acting this way because I'm afraid of losing her when she realizes the absurdity of this cold tactic. Oh, everything is so confusing. How can I expect her to understand when I can't understand myself?

The first night I dropped her off, I was a bit surprised. The waitress lives in a luxury villa. But I learned it too late. She started working as a waitress at the restaurant just to defy her mother. Have they made a bet or something? After learning that she had finished work, I started passing by the house where I dropped her off frequently. Maybe I'll see her, but no matter how hard I try, I can't see her. I even thought about going to her house and asking for her, but I didn't dare. She was constantly rejecting me, and I wasn't used to it.

Later, when I saw her having dinner with that guy, I made a decision and followed Suena to learn her address. I quickly checked if there was any vacant apartment in the building where she lived. The adjacent one was empty, and I hurriedly rented it.

I woke up very early the next morning to meet her and literally ambushed myself. As soon as I heard the opening sound of her door, I opened mine to try to talk to her for peace. I don't know how successful I was, and my only hope is that hopefully, she won't misunderstand me. While lost in thought in my house, an unregistered number called me. I answered, saying, "Hello."

"Hello Will, I'm Larissa, Suena's friend. I got your number from the manager of the building."

"Hello, Larissa, is there a problem?"

My heart began to beat inexplicably fast. A bad feeling arose within me. The mention of Suena's name may have contributed to this palpitation.

"I know it sounds silly, but there's no one else I can ask for help."

"Yes, I'm listening."

"Suena..."

"What happened to Suena?"

"This morning, she went out to talk to her mother, and then her mother called me. They had a really bad argument. She didn't tell me the details, but she said Suena wouldn't be in a good condition right now. I'm calling her; her phone is off, and Suena never turns off her phone. Besides, leaving the house is not like her at all. We decided not to involve the police for now. I'm really scared that something might have happened to her."

Her voice was trembling, and it came with crying. My pulse was pounding as if in my throat. "First of all, calm down. I will help you. We will find her. Now tell me, where are you? I'm coming right away. Let's search together, check the places she could go."