chapter 13

I was confused and freaking out, then my mind settled on emotion. I was furious. I found it so sweet that he didn't tell me the night I asked what mates normally do. But He was putting himself and me in harm's way. And I bet the reason he is sleeping is it's been more than 2 days. I was feeling tired but I thought it was because of my bad dreams since I escaped.

What should I do? Do I tell him I know? I am a lot more confused now. I mean what is someone in my shoes supposed to do? I am going to talk to him about it when we are alone later. He will be giving me some answers. I am feeling things that I have never felt before and I am trying to process everything.

"We are just now entering the territory. Better wake up sleeping beauty back there." Flint said, pulling me from my thoughts.

"I will," I replied.

I reached over and gently shook Caster awake. He slowly started to stir a little and opened his eyes. He sat up slowly.

"Are you okay?" He asks

"I am fine, Flint says we are almost there and you need to wake up." I say.

"Okay, we should talk about the sleeping arrangements." he says, rubbing his eyes.

"I'm staying with you right?" I said I was a little confused.

"You want to, I was going to tell you we have to share a room and that there should be a couch." he says.

"Seems like we had this conversation last night if i remember. I am okay sharing the bed. I sleep better and I think you do too." I reassure him yet again. "I promise that I will tell you if and when I become uncomfortable."

"Okay. I just want to make sure you are good at all times." He said moving to the seat next to me.

I can see that he really is trying to spare me from anything he thinks will make me uncomfortable but everything in my body tells me that without him I would be more uncomfortable.

"I know I will be honest." I say.

The car comes to a halt. We have made it to the pack that is holding the summit. Flint gets out first and it is like his whole demeanor changes. Flint is now super serious and very stiff like when we first met.

"Stay in the car till I reach for you." Caster says looking at me, I nod.

He walked around the car and opened the door. Caster got out and was greeted by a man. He was accompanied by a woman standing beside him.

"Aunt Ellie, Uncle Alastair, I have someone I would like you to meet." Caster said to the couple.

He reached into the car and I grabbed his hand and he helped me out of the car. I stood up next to him. I was looking at the ground.

"Oh how wonderful, is she your mate?" Ellie asked.

She went to reach for me and I instinctively jumped back. I looked at Caster.

"Yes, She is here also because there is a problem we need to bring before the summit," He says, taking my hand. "This is my aunt, she was my mothers sister, and this is her mate Alastair."

"HI," I said quietly.

Alastair looked at the caster then to me. He was trying to figure out what was going on. I don't blame him, his nephew's mate just jumped when his wife went to hug her. I would be curious to.

"Can we talk in your office?" Caster asks. "We can explain there."

"Of course," Alastair says, "follow me."

Caster pulled my hand to follow. I did. We walked toward a large house that had more of a modern style opposed to the pack house at home. We walked through the first floor and he opened a door which led to a large office with a desk, a chair in the center and a chair on the side and two chairs with the back to the door.

"Please sit." Ellie says motioning for us to sit down..

"What is going on?" Alastair says sitting down.

"You remember when I came and stayed a few days ago?" Caster asked.

"Yeah you didn't tell us what that was about, just that you needed to get away for a bit." Alastair says.

"We had a wolf come on to the pack lands. Took down almost all of the patrol party. The wolf was able to make them shift back just by touching them. The wolf was faster, stronger and was definitely trained to kill." Caster took a breath. " When I got there I froze and the wolf caught me off guard. The wolf was my mate One." Caster motions to me

"One? Is that her name?" Alastair asks

"Yes, she can't remember her given name." Caster says, reaching over to take my hand "She was kidnapped as a child, all the children taken were given numbers. She was just the first one."

"How horrible, you poor child." Ellie spoke, shaking her head.

"Caster said if I came I could possibly help those who are left." I stated.

"What is the full story? If you don't mind me asking." Alastair wondered and assured.

"As far back as I can remember It was the day I was taken. I was in my room. When in walked, these men and they escorted me out of the house. As I was leaving I could see my mom and dad on the floor not moving. The next thing I knew I was in this man's office. He was so sweet and kind, but he was anything but. After years of his training he decided it was better to have purebred wolves and he killed 15 of the others. They were six to ten years old. I alway protected everyone and I failed. So I will get the rest out." I affirmed.

"We will do anything you need, we are here to help."

"As of right now we are going to get ready for the ball. We need people to get to know One before tomorrow." Caster says getting up.

I stood next to him, Ellie and Alastair stood as well. We said our goodbyes and Alastair opened the door for us to leave.

"It was so nice to meet you. One, you are a very strong young lady. I have every confidence in you." Ellie concluded.

I nodded my head and turned to follow Caster down the large hallways. It was a longish walk to the room we would be staying in. We turned the corner and I could tell which door was our room. It smelled like him. It was faint but I could tell.

Sure enough he reached out to the room and turned the handle and let us into a room similar to ours at home. I walked in and sat on the edge of the bed and flopped backward. Beds have become one of my favorite things. I heard the caster put the bags down.

"How are you doing?" Caster says sitting on the other side of the bed.

"It's just a lot of" I decided on the word to use "new"

I sat up as well as readjusted. I was now a little more on the bed.

"It is a lot to throw at you in only a few days, to be fair." Caster says, "And you are taking everything so well."

"I just know that what happens is normal and I am good at adjusting." I explained.

"Well let's get dressed and ready for tonight." Caster decided.

"Sure." I stand up and grab the dress bag with tonight's dress. And make my way over to the bathroom to change. I opened the dress bag, and it was beautiful. It was a dark red with a v neck. The back opening was also a v shape. At the hips was a rustic metal belt. It was long sleeved. The bottom was flowy.

I was thankful for the hair Arrah had done before we left. I was not going to wear makeup. As I had no idea on how to even start. I sat on the edge of the tub to put the heels on and I stood up and looked in the mirror. My hair was pulled into a half up due and braided in the back.

I opened the bathroom door and Caster was sitting with his back to me and putting his own shoes on. He sat up and turned to look at me. I heard him take a deep breath. He stood and made his way to me.

"You look amazing" He Shakes his head slightly.

"Thanks." I replied. "Should we head down?"

Nodded his head and held out his hand for me to take. I take it and it soothes nerves I never knew I had.