Chapter 10 - Phone Call

Começar do início

"That's great!"

"How's Aspen? I know you've been liking it; but what's your favorite activity?"

"I think I liked sledding the best." I told her with a grin, remembering the fun time I had that day. "Snowboarding was just hard, and I was pretty bad at ice skating so I would definitely go sledding — you don't need to be athletic to sled!"

My coordination and athletic skills are sketchy at best, so usually I go for the skills and fun activities that require none of those!

"Ah! I love sledding. But I have to say I'm partial to skiing. Why didn't you ski instead of snowboarding?"

Even though Jess's daily likes the warmth, they do go up to Tahoe, which is only about a four hour drive from where we live, a decent amount so she's pretty good at snow sports.

I shrugged. "Both Ace and Caleb snowboard so it just made sense."

"Speaking of which... is Caleb around?" She asked, pulling the phone extremely close to her face as if she was searching for him.

"Jessica!" I scolded, an incredulous look on my face.

"Only joking, Jo. Only joking ... kinda," Jess responded, laughing. "Oh look! Aubrey is active on insta, let's add her to the call."

I nodded my head in agreement. "Okay!"

Jess's tan fingers made their way around the screen as I figured she was pressing the buttons to add our friend on to the call.

In no time, Aubrey's face lit up the screen. "Hi guys!!!" She said excitedly, waving.

"Hey Aubrey!"

"Aub!!"

"Where are you?" I inquired.

"At the ski lodge, my little brother rolled his ankle or something and is making a big fucking deal about it so my parents are helping him and I'm just having some hot chocolate." Aubrey said, turning her camera to show up around the very crowded ski lodge.

"Fun! Are you skiing?" Jess asked.

"Yep!' Aubrey turned the camera to point towards a set of skis on the ground.

"See, I told Jodee she should have skied — everyone ski's!" Jess accused me.

"It wasn't my choice!" I held up my hands, choosing not to say that even if I did have options I would have still chosen to snowboard over skiing.

"Wait, did you go snowboarding?" Aubrey inferred, backing up the conversation.

"Yeah! Just a few days ago my brothers and I went snowboarding for like half of the day and I was kinda bad at it, not gonna lie..." I trailed off for the dramatics.

"Your brother and Caleb?"

"Yeah... isn't that what I said?" I scrunched up my eyebrows, trying to decide if I left out Caleb or something.

"No." She said almost immediately. "But anyways, skiing is a lot easier your first time so I would definitely recommend it over snowboarding since it was your first time."

I nodded my head, but decided not to respond verbally. Aubrey had been on the ski team since she was really young so she loved it and thought everyone should join.

Ezra — what's this abt a private call???

Just then Ezra's text notification popped up on the top of my screen as he texted the group chat with me, Aubrey, Jess, and Justin. I giggled, going over to his text as I saw he was typing some more.