Chapter 30 Meteor Crash

Start from the beginning

Whose side was this butler on?

"I wasn't going to". Bruce continued to work on he Bat computer.

"If there is one good thing that came out of all of this, it's that the explosion scared away the coming wave of attacks".

Alfred's eyebrows furrowed.

"Were you expecting more invaders' sir?"

"Yes, a lot more". He replied candidly.

"The lanterns informed me that several hostiles had entered our space sector. But judging from the fact that we haven't had any new visitors, then our assumptions that they were scared away by the explosion of the Spaceship can be confirmed".

Bruce put both hands together under his chin.

"Either that, or they decided to leave because the object of their visit no longer exists".

Lobo was taken away by the invaders and their transportation was destroyed. Judging from the state Lobo was in when he was taken away, he probably died in it.

How the extraterrestrials were able to locate the Czarnian was unknown, but since earth didn't have their target, then they wouldn't bother with their primitive planet.

Thankfully.

"Are you planning on confronting him, sir?"

"No. Currently, the league is stretched too thin. We've experienced too much in too little time, and we need to recuperate for a while".

Bruce's thoughts were clear on priorities. The league as it was now wasn't ready to confront Amari.

One of their heaviest guns was in a coma. Even after he woke up, Clark would have a lot of things to sort out in his daily life.

Martian Manhunter had gone back to Mars. The matter of Mericrozz was weighing on him, and the league held no objections.

Hal had retreated to report back to Oa Star. The attack earth had experienced was on the same level as general Zod, as one of its resident Lanterns, Hal, needed to investigate.

Zatara on the other hand was away investigating a magical disturbance that had occurred two months ago. Since it pertained to the magic part of the world, the league would not involve themselves unless Giovanni asked for help.

Furthermore, Doctor Fate had gone missing. When facing Amari, he was one of Batman's Trump cards should things ever get messy.

However, the rest of the Justice league was either aiding in Central City or just weren't available.

Superheroes were people too. They still had lives, and the league couldn't prevent them from living it.

"The Black Ops squad have been rather idle lately. I think it's time we make some arrangements for them. Locating Doctor Fate should be a doable task".

"Master Bruce, you have a charity event you really should be preparing for. I've asked Young Master Grayson to…."

"Ugh!!" Bruce, whose thinking process was interrupted, let out a loud groan.

Another Event?

"I have too many things to do, Alfred. Just cancel".

"You've cancelled all your itinerary in the past month. I remind you that your other persona still needs to appear in public if you want to continue to parade as The Dark Knight unnoticed..... My Lord, Bruce put that down immediately". Alfred yelled as he saw Bruce reach into one of the small drawers beside his Bat computer and pull out caffeine tablets, break them down, and add the dust to his coffee.