#9

"Are you guys good to meet up during Christmas?" Jace asked the group about an hour after they had fallen into their individual activities.
"Depends. Faolan and I have a Yule ball on the 23rd, along with a dinner on the 22nd between the houses of Malfoy and Byrne," Draco replied.
"We do?!?"
"Yes, my dear. If you paid attention to the letters you were sent, you would see an invite to both. Also, the ball is at your house. You should definitely know about that one. We have matching attire for the ball, by the way. Dark green."
"Okay, so not then then," Jace decided.
"Or the 21st," Harry mentioned.
"Alright. Or the 21st."
"Why?" Faolan asked Harry, who just subtly tapped the scarred hand on his chest and said, "family thing."
"That's when that is?"
"Yeah."
"Merlin's beard, I hate this."
"I know."
"21st is not a good day then. I'm assuming 24th, 25th and 26th are all out. And New Years," Jace interrupted, secretly a little jealous of the relationship the two had. He knew Faolan was Harry's sibling and he wanted it.
"Harry, are you going to get up? You've been sitting like that for a while. Is that even comfortable?" Ron asked him.
"I have a good view of you guys from down here. It's a pretty position to draw you from. And Faolan is really warm and I'm really cold."
"Ok. Also, Jace, we have that thing on the 28th."
"What thing?" Jason asked in response.
"Bloody hell, between you and Faolan it's a miracle we can even get us anywhere. We have the Dumbledore party."
"Ugh."
"What's wrong?" Hermione asked.
"A Dumbledore party means I have to talk to strangers and be paraded around as the boy who lived. I hate it."
"Seems even though your not a pureblood family, you have to deal with pureblood networking," Faolan told him.
"It's not as bad as that. Just infuriating. At least I get to have Ron with me."
"Yeah. And they always have good food," Ron added.
"The syrupy cakey ball things are my favourite."
"Oh they're easily the best."

"Guys, the meet up. I need a date so I can ask my parents when we get to the station. Unlike you guys, my parents need to have a say in where I go," Hermione interrupted.
"My parents care! I just have six older brothers who've tested them so much I'm pretty much good to do what I like."
"Can't relate. I have barely seen my parents since I was five and worked out the floo machine," Faolan said, popping a bertie botts every flavour bean into their mouth.
"Seriously? That's, you see how that's not okay right?"
"Relax. I have Harry's parents."
"Yeah. I have enough to share," Harry added, "we could hang out at mine. Stay overnight to avoid issues with various family. If your okay with being in the same house as pa, Jace. Your mum doesn't need to know if you don't want her to."
"Yeah! I'll stay at dad's! If he'll let me," He exclaimed excitedly.
"Of course he will. It'll be a struggle getting you back out the house. But we still don't have a date."
"29th-30th?" Hermione asked the group. There was general agreement amongst the group.

"Okay, but someone needs to keep tabs on Faolan and Jace so they don't forget," Ron said, ruffling the latter's hair.
"Hey," the boy said, trying to smooth it back down, "plus, I'm not that bad. Not as bad as Faolan."
"Excuse me! I feel like this is a targeted attack!" Faolan interjected, but a smile on their face showed that it was all in the spirit of fun.
"Don't worry, they'll be with me most of the holidays. I will be making sure they do not forget," Harry assured thr group, before being promptly shoved off of the chest he was on.
"Hey!" he yelled, shoving them back, "I was comfy!"
"You were ontop of me. You should never insult the chair."
"They do have a point," Draco told Harry.
"Fine. There is only one way to settle this," he says, putting his arm on the table.
"Seriously Haz? An arm wrestle? How do you think it's going to work in your favour."
"I have confidence."
The two arm wrestle, but Faolan easily wins, their werewolf strength kicking in.
"How did you do that?" Ron asked, amazed.
"I'm stronger than I look," Faolan replied.
"Seriously?"
"Harry's weak as hell."
"No, I've seen Harry do stuff. He's strong.  Try me."
Ron is beaten in seconds.
"Bloody hell."
"I told you. I'm strong as feck."
"No. I believe you."
"Hey, try me," Jace told them, "I've been trying to work out."
"Sure. But don't be disheartened if and when I beat you," they replied. And they did beat him. Easily.
"How are you doing that?" Jace asked them, confused.
"I just am. I'm strong."
"Yeah. I guessed."