Alaine

The day Zach messaged me and the day I sent my Thornville College Application

A week. A week has passed since I attended Elijah's launch party, we've texted, we've called and he would take me out for dinner dates. But things changed when Zach sent me a message, a message that I never expected. I opened the message while I was editing my Thornville College essay about why I wanted to attend their college.

I saved my essay on the Google Doc laptop app, and opened his message

Zach:

Hey Alaine! I know it's been awhile since we spoke but there is something you should know about the guy you're dating.

I allowed myself to think of a response, a response that I knew would change everything since a part of me still has feelings for him despite how hurt I feel for what we did. I continued editing my essay, and when it reached lunch time, I finally emailed it to their admissions team, along with my application form that I had to fill out. I checked my sent emails, and saw that I have successfully submitted it, I submitted something that I know would change my life for the better, especially since some of the universities are giving out their application statuses this coming week.

I closed my laptop, and headed to my bean bag located near the foot of my bed, a few meters away from my study table. I looked at my phone's dark screen, placing it down on my neutral carpeted floor, thinking of what my response should be. I looked up at my ceiling, thinking that it would give me an answer, I sighed before drafting my response.

Alaine:

Hey Zach! We can meet at that Italian restaurant across from my apartment at 6 pm.

I sent it, before heading to my bathroom, I took a nice hot shower before putting on a white jump suit, before curling my hair. I placed on some light makeup, headed out the door to see Marianne sipping her cup of camomile tea on the couch, while Megan was playing with our cats. Mom sat on the lazy boy couch reading her novel.

"Where are you going?" Marianne asked looking up at me

"I'm headed across the street to run some errands, do you want me to grab anything for you guys?" I ask them

"Can you grab me some wine bottles?" Mom said, putting down her book

"Sure!" I say

"Can you buy me some brownies?" Megan asked excitedly

"Of course! how about you Marianne?"

"I'm good! Thanks though." She says

I nodded and said goodbye to them before heading out the elevator, I walked in and went to the lobby. I walked outside of the apartment complex and crossed the pedestrian lane, before finally reaching the mall entrance.

I went up the escalator, that led me to the second floor, I walked towards the Italian restaurant where I was greeted by a smiley receptionist. She led me inside and led me to the table next to the window near the entrance. She placed one menu across from me, while giving me the other one.

As I perused the menu, I looked up seeing Zach in a sad look on his face, I stood up giving him a half hug, before he sat down across from me.

"Why don't we order first before we talk about what happened." I told him, knowing he would somewhat agree

"That's fine." He said, tone friendly yet serious

We kept quiet for awhile before I called the waitress, who happily assisted us with our orders. We ordered two different pastas, along with two different milkshake flavors. After she repeated saying our orders, she left us, giving us the moment to ourselves.