Elijah

The day I told Alaine how I felt

It's been three days since Sabrina has spoken to Alaine, she told me that she doesn't forgive her and wants to hear Zach's side of the story. I supported her through it and told her that she needs to do what's best for herself, she and I were meeting today at the cafe across from her place.

When I arrived at the coffee shop, I already saw her sitting down by the table near the other side of the counter, she wore a white buttoned down blouse and a black high waisted shorts, she looked sad as she placed her eyes on me.

She stood up, hugging each other, I didn't wanna let her go, I just wanted to hold her, after sometime, we sat down but this time beside each other, she had her hands on her lap, looking down at them, I leaned back waiting for her to speak.

It took awhile but she looked at me and smiled. The sadness she had on her face validated how affected she was by the situation.

"She and I spoke a few days ago." She says, finally breaking the silence between us

"And?" I said, sitting up on the couch

"She apologized. I told her that I couldn't forgive her just yet because I needed to know if Zach was the one who initiated it and she told me that it was never her intention to hurt me."

"Do you know when you are seeing Zach?" I ask, feeling a slight pang of jealousy, I know I'm not in the place of being jealous but the last few days of us just comforting each other through call, made me like her even more.

"We're seeing each other next week at a cafe in Eastwood." She says sighing, feeling as though it's a chore to go all the way to Eastwood for some guy who isn't worth her time

"Is Madeline taking you?" I ask

"Yes. She is, she told me that she'll be in the area because her friend Jackie wants to go shopping since they have new clothing shops."

"Just be safe okay?" I say, putting her hand on top of hers, she didn't fidget but instead she held my hand that was on top of hers smiling softly

"I will." She says letting go but still keeping my hand in hers

"Do you want something to drink?" I ask, slowly standing up

"Yes please." She says

"Coffee or tea?"

"Camomile tea please." She asks

I nod my head, heading to the counter and lining up in front of an older lady with her grandson. When it was my turn, I turned to see Alaine who was staring at the window. It hurts to see her like this, I knew that I wanted to make her feel loved, I wanted to make her feel a love that will make her believe in love again. I ordered our drinks, walking towards the table to where she smiled at me.

Her smile. My favorite thing about her, her eyes brightens, her smile showing off her dimples. She looked so adorable yet pretty. At that moment, I wanted to give her a kiss.

I placed her cup of tea down along with placing the teapot in front of the cup. I sat down, putting my Iced Caramel Latte in front of me, I opened the packaging that had my straw inside and took a sip.

Meanwhile, Alaine was enjoying her drink, taking in small sips because of how hot it was. More people started walking in, seats being filled up by couples and families. We decided to head out to the mall's courtyard, sitting down in one of their vacant benches, facing the big mall sign.

Alaine crossed her legs leaning in and drinking her camomile tea, while I sat down watching people walk past us. The joy in their faces, the conversations they were having, how life is making them experience things to make them grow stronger. I was brought back to reality when Alaine placed her cup beside her, sighing with her hands on her lap.