Elijah

It was officially Saturday, the day I was finally gonna meet the other daughter of Aunt Dianne, I took my usual morning run in my running path that me and my cousin, Clarissa would always go to whenever she invited me. I stopped at the roundabout mark, before running back home, I rested for a bit, cooked my breakfast, which was two boiled eggs, two toasted breads with peanut butter and some bananas I chopped.

I ate my meal in the family room upstairs, where Sandy my golden retriever was sleeping, being the only child had its perks but it still felt kinda lonely. My mom decided to adopt Sandy who was a puppy when we met her in our local pet adoption home, that was filled with dogs which ranged from young to old. Most of the dogs were already adopted thanks to the local NGO "PAWS" that I volunteered in during the summer before my Senior year.

I finished my breakfast, washed the dishes in the kitchen and headed back up to do some preparations for college. Being a psych major, I have always been interested in learning more about people's emotions. Dad recommended his alma mater, "Crestmont State College", that was an hour drive from our place, he was a Restaurant Management major so he learned the ropes on how to basically run different types of restaurants. After he graduated, he created his very own Japanese Bar restaurant in Serenity Grove South, an area where families and friends go and chill during the evenings. That place is usually bustling, during Friday and Saturday nights.

After doing some of my preparations, I got a call from Zoey, inviting me to have lunch with her, I kindly declined because I was meeting my parents in our favorite Chinese restaurant in Newport. This was near the airport, so we would just go there after I drop them off, and to also buy some goodies for Aunt Dianne's dinner tonight.

I placed my phone down, stretched, stood up from my desk in front of my window, and headed to the bathroom to change. Grabbed my keys, wallet, phone and sprayed cologne before walking out of my house and greeting Mrs. Romualdez who was watering her plants. I went into my car, driving to the second terminal of our airport, as I was going onto the highway, I played some Bryson tiller music that I loved. Singing along to "Don't" in the moving traffic was one my favorite things to do when Sabrina and I were still together.

One of the reasons why I fell in love with her was her taste in music, she would always curate the best playlists that we would listen to on our long night drives to the South, and our 2 am drives to Mcdonald's since she lived a city away from me. As I got off the highway, I went into the airport arrivals lane on the left side, I passed through the toll gates before finally going through the airport security checkpoint.

I drove to the 3rd gate's parking lot, and waited for them, I felt my phone vibrate, and saw mom's message saying that their on their way out. I went beside a 30 year old man who held a bouquet of daisies and a paper with a "Welcome Home my love" written in bold letters, kids running to their parents celebrating their arrival and couples kissing and wrapping their arms around each other. My parents family emerged from the crowd, I walked towards them and gave them a big hug, I rolled their push cart down the ramp and led them to the car parked behind the black SUV.

I unlocked the back trunk, and placed their bags on top of each other while mom sat in the passenger seat and dad sat in the back. I went inside the car, buckled my seatbelt and driving us to Newport Mall, one of the biggest malls aside from MOA near the bay. I parked in an empty parking lot near the elevator in the first floor of their basement parking, we walked to their elevator, and pressed the 3rd floor of the mall.

The doors opened to the 3rd floor which was filled with local and international restaurants, as we were walking to the left side, we saw a big "Din Thai Fung" red sign. The place was bustling with regulars but there were still vacant seats, the receptionist led to our booth near the cashier register. Mom and dad sat beside each other while I sat across from them.