All in the past

Mayank looked at the Ishan who entered in the room, "Ishan what are you doing here, thought you guys would be together for whole night".

"yeah.. bu.. but Shubman have a flight tomorrow so .. " Ishan stopped, voice getting shaky, he took a deep breath trying hard to control those tears, he turned around to face them after taking his sandals off.

"so we decided to come back early.. yeah.. " Abhishek followed the boy with his eyes who sat in his bed, already covering himself with the blanket. 

"Ishan.." Mayank tried "No Mayank let him sleep.." Abhishek said stopping the now curious boy. "and Shubi called for you Mayank.. he need some of his stuff from you.." Ishan did not dare to uncover his face, tears flowing on his cheeks. 

"umm ok then.." Mayank walked to the door with Abhishek, "so you are going tomorrow..." the boy said adjusting his glasses and Abhishek nodded. 

"so.. umm.. will you.. I mean.." "I will call you.. Mayank " Abhi said pecking the now blushing boy. "ok then .. bye.." and Abhishek shut the door, walking back to the bed.

He sat down on the Ishan's  " Ishu my baby bro.." he softly called and Ishan hold the blanket tightly turning other side.  "He acted like a fuck boy right ..let me just beat the shit out of him.."

 Abhi was angry, angry on both of his friends, despite knowing there is something more growing , more then fucking around , they both tried to unsee those pure feelings blooming in their heart and choose to fell in the lust arousing out of teenage hormones.

"ok It's enough now, you both need to talk like fucking matures and Shubi need to beg pardon for being a douchebag" Abhi said getting up so ready to knock some sense in his stupid 5'11 tall yet dumb bestie's brain.

"NO no please don't say anything to him.." Ishan pleaded holding Abhi's hand whose anger melted seeing the red crying eyes. "oh my goodness.." He sat down engulfing the short boy in his chest.

"what have you done to yourself Ishu.." Abhi said realizing the deep feelings in those glossy lotus orbs. Ishan kept crying in silent but hell broke when Abhi said those dreaded words "You love him, oh my god Ishu you have realized it "

"look at me baby.. " he made the crying boy look at him , who did not protest , whose sobs got louder. "Ishan you have known way before am I right Ishan?" Abhi asked his mind can't believe it.

Ishan hid his face in other's chest mumbling "he is so sweet , I can't help it Abhi.." and Abhi just hugged the boy, caressing his hair. 

The sun rose bringing a new day, a new chance , half of the hostel was empty as everyone is going back to home, right now Shubman and Abhishek were loading their luggage in cab . 

"where is this Ishan?" Mayank asked , he was slightly angry they have to go airport to see off Abhi and Shubi but Ishan was nowhere. "I am here sorry sorry.." the boy came running . 

"what yrr Ishan you haven't changed , we are going to be late.." Mayank said adjusting his glasses " I am not feeling really well.." "Are you alright Ishan?" Shubman asked already holding the boy's face.

"yeah.. I am feeling nausea and tired .." and Abhi came foreword pushing Shubman aside, he hugged Ishan. "might be because of late ride you took Ishu , it was empty stomach.." and ishan nodded.

"Take care Ishan, I will call once after reaching.." Ishan pulled Abhi in a corner "don't tell him about my feelings.." Abhi smiled noticing Shubman and Mayank trying to listen.

"That's your treasure , tell him whenever you feel like it.. I am always gonna support my princess bro" saying this Abhishek kissed his forehead and Mayank who still didn't knew the bond between them as brothers could not help but be jealous.

"let's go Abhi.. " saying this Shubman hugged Ishan who hugged back "be safe and do tell me after reaching" "you also take care of yourself Ish , better be healthy when we meet next time" Shubman's heart ached to kiss the boy but he can't dare after last night actions , he pulled.

Shubman sat in the cab, his thoughts running wild , he can't help and look outside the window, his eyes met those lotus eyes , soon they were out of each other's vision. Ishan wanted to stop Shubman, but he was feeling so tired out to do so.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"This was the last time I saw him.." Shubman sighed, blowing out the smoke from his mouth, the fire was already burned out. "but that was the first year vacation.. He did not come back to study?" Sumail asked . 

"We all waited but he was never back or may be he was but we never get to meet, after checking in office we get to know He requested the transfer to where it was not mentioned.." 

"What about his parents? They must know his whereabouts" another girl from the group remarked. "They did not tell us saying Ishan don't want anyone to be in his world and when I again went to them asking about Ishan , reply was 'we don't know any Ishan ". 

Another question but Shubman stopped all of them "no more, guys let's go to our rooms, it's getting cold" saying this He walked away leaving his new friends in aww. 

"tell me it's all a lie, because who the hell wait for someone they know just for one year like this .."  "yeah it's been 6 years, he saw him last in 2024 and now is 2030" Sumail replied.

"and that guy just ghosted him" "I did not tell so you can comment on it, don't you dare to speak ill about him, you don't even know him.." they all stopped when Shubman spoke with gritted teeth and turned around but his steps halt.

"ok but should not you move on Shubman, truth is truth that guy ghosted you all.. never try to look back and here you are still waiting .. " Geet stopped and again dared to ask not sensing the tension .

"Was he that beautiful Shubman, more than me?" her eyes watered , shubman faced her "yeah he was not only more than you but for me he is the beauty, more than anyone else .. his soul was so beautiful , he seduced me with that soul of his, drowned me into  those lotus eyes so deep.." he stopped, his eyes stinging with tears and went away.

"where are you Ishan? I pray to krishna that you are good and safe.." a lone tear escaped his eyes looking at photo on his wallpaper. "It's been five years , Six years of wait, of loneliness.. do you not miss me" Shubman wiped his tears.

IN these Six years many things changed , Shubman , Abhishek and Mayank graduated from IIT when both other got placement he decided to look for something else as he was feeling empty inside even after getting a package of crores.

He decided to appear in UPSC CSE and right now here he was in Musoorie, his training of an IAS officer finished today. 

The trio stopped talking about Ishan, who disappeared like thin air, deep inside they all were still having hope. They looked for him for 2 years but couldn't get even a single clue, they have this slight fear , is Ishan even alive?

But no one dare to speak it.

--------------------------------------------------Ocean_215---------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading it, till now Shubman was telling his story , the present will continue from now on.