Chapter 11

Liam

I pulled into the driveway of mine and my father's shared home. I had just visited Luca. My sweet, gorgeous Luca. I want more than anything to take him with me. I just don't know what the Alpha has planned right now.

I walked in the front door, and was greeted by my father moments later. He gripped my shoulders with fierce intensity and pulled me into a hug.

"Liam, thank God! You're home. Where have you been?" he questioned.

"Dad, are you alright? What's going on?" I pulled him back at arm's length.

"It's Cyrus," he told me. I could feel my heart drop into my stomach.

"What happened? What did he do?" I asked. He looked down, as if trying to find the words.

"Is Jackson okay?" I asked, fearing the worst.

"Jackson, he- he found his mate. Cyrus saw them together, and-" he stopped talking, as if it was too painful to continue. Panic began rising in me. No, not Ben. Not now.

"He took them somewhere. I don't know where they are. Liam, he was furious. I think he's losing it," my dad stated.

"Shit," I exclaimed. I've got to get Luca. I can't protect him from here. I turned around, and began walking back to the front door.

"Liam!" my dad called me. I ignored him. "Liam, it's not safe, you need to stay here!"

"I'll be back," I told him.

I got in my car and drove like a mad man to my Luca. If Alpha Cyrus has turned on his own son, I don't even want to imagine what he will do if he gets his hands on my mate. If he wants to punish someone for Luca not being where he ordered him to be, I will take the rap for it. I don't even care any more. I will protect my mate, no matter what.

Once I reached my destination, I parked in the back, and quickly walked in the back door. Thankfully, I knew the pass code. I practically jogged to the guard's station and saw no one. I grabbed the key and walked straight to Luca's cell.

He was sitting on the floor, his knees pulled up to his chest, with his chin resting on them. Just staring into the distance. A strand of his blonde hair fell onto his face, and I had to remind myself why I'm here. I began unlocking the cell. Luca's head snapped up to look at me.

"Liam? What are you doing?" he asked. I opened the door.

"Come on, we've got to go. It's not safe," I told him.

"What's going on?" Luca questioned.

"We don't have much time Luca, let's go," I said firmly. He looked up at me with a concerned look on his face. After a moment, he spoke.

"Okay," he said quietly, and grabbed the blanket I had brought for him. I grabbed his hand and led him out of the cell, down the hall, and out the back door where my car was waiting.

"Get in!" I told Luca as I sat in the driver's seat. He quickly obeyed.

I began the drive back home, and Luca looked at me wide eyed from the passenger's seat.

"Are you going to tell me what the hell is going on now?" he asked me.

"It's the Alpha," I told him. "He has turned on his own son. I don't know what's coming next," I confessed to my mate. I could see Luca face forward and shrink in the seat in my peripheral vision.

"So what does that have to do with me?" he asked quietly. I glanced at  him for a moment.

"I can't protect my mate if he isn't with me, now can I?" I replied. "I'm not going to leave you alone when there is a crazy Alpha on the loose."