His eyebrows shoot up, a sleek smirk on his lips as he approaches me, his hands immediately finding my hips.

I give him a look in the mirror, though a small smile plays on my lips regardless.

Pulling me backward slightly, my body presses against the front of him, the thin towel being the only thing separating our skin as he leans down, placing small, slow kisses over my bare shoulder and neck.

"Joe," I warn him, turning off the blow-dryer.

"What?" he asks, placing another kiss on my shoulder.

"We don't have time for this," I tell him. "Plus, I'm still so nauseous."

He hums in response, leaving one more kiss behind my ear before moving to my cheek, leaving one last kiss there, and moving away reluctantly.

"Thank you," I tell him in a sing-song voice as he leaves the bathroom, allowing him to chuckle in response.

The towel begins to irritate me and I move to the bedroom. One of Joe's shirts will do. Leaving the rest of me unclothed, I quickly put a curl in my hair and throw on a light layer of makeup, dressing in a pair of jeans and a cute tan long sweater. Throwing on a pair of high boots and a red and white plaid scarf, I place a matching tan beanie on my head for the cold weather as Joe walks into the room, raising his brows yet again.

"Damn," he says, licking his lips. "Maybe we should stay home."

I tilt my head in his direction, giving him a look. "I did not just get up and get ready for us to stay home."

He reaches out, pulling me closer. "But if we stay home we could..."

"Joe," I whine, letting my head fall backward.

He chuckles. "Okay, okay, let's go."

We climb into the car only a few minutes later, my tall water cup instantly being slammed into the cupholder as I pull on my seatbelt.

"I'm surprised that's the only thing you have."

"They'll have food there," I shrug. "If I can keep it down. I'm hoping the water will settle my stomach if I take small sips."

"Do you think that'll work?"

"Nope," I shake my head. "Nothing's worked so far but if I don't stay positive I may cry."

He chuckles, placing one hand on my thigh as he begins driving, allowing me to instead grab it, intertwining our fingers and taking a deep breath.

We take the drive in silence, both my hands holding Joe's with all my might, my eyes closed as my head lay back against the headrest, my breathing deep and slow. Soon, however, the car slows, making one last turn before stopping.

Joe turns off the car, squeezing my one hand to make me look at him.

"Are you sure you wanna try this tonight?"

I nod. "We decided to keep it to ourselves for now and if we don't show up I feel like it's going to look suspicious. We always show up. If we don't now, it'll look weird."

"Okay," he nods, understanding. "What are we saying if you're offered a drink?"

"I'll be honest. I'm just not feeling up to drinking. I'm a bit nauseous."

He nods. "Got it. Ready?"

I nod and we exit the car, walking up to the front door and Joe knocking.

The door opens only seconds later, the both of us being greeted with open arms and excited voices, the girls running over and excitedly giving us hugs, telling us that Santa is coming tonight and we have to do X, Y, and Z before he can.

We make our way to the living room, Joe sitting in the oversized recliner and me squeezing next to him, half sitting on him, half not.

"What have you guys been doing with our free time?" Nick asks from across the room.

"Just staying at home, relaxing," Joe shrugs. "Spending time together before things get crazy again."

"That's nice, take it in while you can," Denise grins from across the room, a cocktail in her hand.

"Addie, wanna drink?" Dani asks from the kitchen, a few different alcohol bottles spread out.

"No, actually, I haven't felt the best today. I think dehydrating myself isn't the best idea," I tell her, laughing lightly.

"Oh no!" Denise says. "You're not feeling good?"

"I mean, I'm fine," I shrug. "I'm just not feeling a hundred percent. I wanna stay hydrated and get back to a hundred percent so we can spend some time together before touring starts up again."

"Are you sure? We don't want you to stay out if you're not feeling well," Dani says, bringing over a beer for Joe, which he thanks her for.

I nod. "No, I'm good, I promise. I'm just gonna sit here, take it easy, and hang out with you guys."

"Well, if you start feeling worse just let us know you can lay upstairs or you guys can head out without any judgment," Kevin chuckles.

"Appreciate it, Kev," I grin.

He nods and the round of a new conversation starts, Joe gently squeezing my thigh, grateful we made it through that conversation without any hiccups. I now need to figure out what to say on New Year's. They'll be expecting me to have at least one drink during the night out and if I don't order one, it'll look like something's up. If I say I still don't feel good, it'll also look suspicious. This is gonna be a little harder than we thought... being around family for the holidays with keeping such a secret. But I'm so early on we don't want to tell anyone. I mean, we don't really wanna tell anyone for a while anyway. We agreed that keeping it between us for as long as we possibly can would be amazing. Just to have something between us, celebrate the little pregnancy milestones between the two of us, and then tell everyone when I get far enough along that it's harder to keep a secret. As terrified as I still am, I can't wait to go through this process with Joe. He's so excited. He feels bad for all the sickness I'm feeling, sure, but he is undoubtedly the most excited I think I've ever seen him... aside from our wedding day.

After a couple of hours of conversations, helping put the girls down to bed, per their request, and light snacks that I somehow was able to eat a few of, Joe and I head out of the night, going back home.

Immediately, I push my shoes off, leaving them by the door and going upstairs before tearing off the uncomfortable clothing and throwing on yet another of Joe's tees and my shorts. Collapsing onto the bed as Joe walks in, I hear a chuckle and turn to see him pulling off his shirt.

"Yeah, I kinda sensed you were getting out-socialized."

"I'm just tired," I yawn. "I wanna go to sleep. You coming to bed, or do you have things to do?"

"I was gonna stay up for a bit, watch a movie or something," he shrugs. "It's only ten. But I can lay with you, and you can go to sleep. I'll watch my movie and then pass out too."

"Are you sure?" I ask.

He hums in response, nodding while sliding on his shorts.

We both brush our teeth and I splash my face with a round of cold water before the two of us climb into bed, his arm instinctively waiting for me to curl up before relaxing, lightly drawing circles on my skin.

I could lay like this forever.

***

you guys didn't think I disappeared again did you? 

lmao I hope you all enjoyed this chapter. I promise to have another chapter up ASAP.

comment. vote. throw a party. live your life. stream the jonas brothers. all the things. 

all my love,

shan:)