27

Louis couldn't move when he stood in the doorframe gripping the door tightly. He stared at Harry whose shoulders were slumped as he steadied himself at the wall, his eyes bloodshot and dull.

"I saw you with her." He slurred and pointed his finger at him uncoordinated.

"I don't know what you mean. You should go to sleep." Louis said reserved to cover up his shock of him being in front of his room. "You're drunk."

"No!" Harry exclaimed and Louis flinched. "You were in her house with her. What'd you do? D'you replace me?"

"Harry, go back to your-" Louis started, but Harry cut him off sharply.

"You fucked her didn't you? I know you did! You did it to get back at me, right? Can't blame you, cuz I'm such an asshole! I deserve it!" He got louder with each word and Louis glanced down the corridor in worry someone could hear them and they were disturbing other guests who wanted to sleep.

"Harry, stop." He tried once more, but he just laughed with a shake of his head and swayed from side to side having trouble keeping balance when everything in his head was spinning from the too many beers he drank.

And then, without any warning his eyes welled up.

"I love you and you're ripping my heart out!" He choked out and started crying.

"What, I-"

"I want you too!" Louis couldn't react fast enough to get around Harry's mood changes when suddenly he plunged forward and flung his arms around him trying to kiss him.

But Louis stumbled back against the wall and dodged him by turning his head.

"Harry, stop it! You're not making it better with that." He said as he freed himself and held Harry's hands in a tight grip searching for his eyes until Harry gave up trying to free himself and breathed heavily. "Stop." He repeated softly.

"I-" Harry choked up once more and Louis never saw anyone crying so hard within such a short span of time. "I can't do this! I wanted to respect and accept your decision, but I can't! I need you and I need to have you and I want to make up for it, please! I-" Louis could barely understand him from how hard he was sobbing.

He sighed deeply and closed the room door before he grabbed his shoulders and guided him towards the bed and Harry sat down on the edge being a shaking mess while he took a seat on the other end of the room in the armchair.

"I know I made a mistake, I made so many and I know how much I hurt you, but I can't live with the thought of you finding someone else! I can't!"

Louis exhaled a deep breath, feeling drained and he didn't have the strength now to argue with him. He couldn't hear it anymore, every time it broke him more and he got more confused and distraught.

"Why are you doing this to me?" He muttered.

"Because I fucking love you! And I'm desperate because I need to make you believe me! I need to make you forgive me because I can't deal with knowing that I lost you before it even properly started! I don't want to live without you!"

"And you think coming here pissed, making a scene and telling me all of that would change my mind?" Louis wondered, his head tilted as he waited for Harry to process what he was saying, though he doubted it from how wasted he was.

"I'm gonna make you change your mind!" Harry sniffled with a rushed voice and scurried off the bed to drop down on the floor in front of Louis. He grabbed his hand and looked him deep in the eyes and Louis was hypnotized, he couldn't move even if he wanted to.

"Ha-"

"Please let me." Harry whispered and let go of him, his hand wandering up his thigh and to his groin.