14

Louis had never thought- never in a million years- that he would get along with Harry. If someone would've told him ten years ago, or even just one year ago, he would've laughed or expected Harry to round the corner and laugh at him at this joke.

But now they had some kind of friendship and he didn't know what he should think of it. On one hand he was still hesitant and careful what he told him and what he wanted to let him see of his true self. He wasn't dumb enough to blindly trust him again, it needed time and Harry assured him constantly to give him the time he needed. Harry knew just as well as him that he didn't show him who he really was yet and he didn't pressure him although Louis sensed that he was dying to ask him a lot of questions. He didn't know what those were, but he knew they were there, right under the surface and the more days passed the more he noticed how Harry bit his tongue when they talked and had a hard time not blurting out what was on his mind.

On the other hand he kind of felt some strange comfort when he was spending time with Harry. It were only their lunch breaks or some coffee breaks in between which they always spent in Louis' office when Harry surprised him with a freshly brewed coffee when he wanted to talk or just hang out when he knew Louis wasn't busy. Their Teams-chat was overflowing with messages they texted back and forth- mostly Harry sent him stupid gifs, but he couldn't help but chuckle every time he received one. He noticed he let his guard down a bit and it scared him- it was like he didn't recognise himself anymore. The only people he always felt genuinely happy around were his family, but somehow Harry managed to make him happy as well- not in the same way, but he felt a kind of carefreeness and everything seemed so easy.

Of course he always had in mind what he had to be careful of, but he couldn't not smile when Harry peeked his head inside of his office with a wide grin and a cup in his hand wiggling it around, or laugh when he was being silly on purpose. He was aware it wouldn't hold on for long, but he wanted to enjoy it for as long as it lasted. He knew one way or another his fairly content life right now was going to be destroyed somehow.

He took a day off today to check out a location for the wedding with Mallory and he was currently strolling behind their wedding planner- Crystal- and her who were already planning the colours of the decoration and what they could do with the areas.

He stopped when the women in front of him stopped as well and Crystal walked away while Mallory turned to him.

"What do you think about it?" She asked excitedly and grabbed his arm looking up at him.

"Well, it's a venue with many rooms and stuff." He said with pursed lips and an amused smile on his face when Mallory rolled her eyes. "It's...spacey...and bright and...Oh, I like the ceiling. Very pretty." He nodded to himself, pointing to the ceiling that was ornamented with white arcs and loops.

"You're such an idiot." Mallory laughed and slapped his chest making Louis chuckle.

"No, I really like it." He said now seriously. "You love it, right?" He asked knowingly.

"Maybe." Mallory grinned.

"You knew we'd take this one the second we stepped in, right?" Louis guessed once more.

"You know me too well." Mallory laughed.

"Then we'll take it." Louis smiled and his decision proved to be right when he saw the wide smile on Mallory's face, her glowing eyes. He'd do anything to make her happy and see that smile on her face.

"Really?" She checked. "Oh, Maddie will love it!"

"Of course she will, she's your daughter after all." Louis laughed.

"I already have plans for the flower arrangements. Look I was thinking we could put a pretty blue and lilac arrangement on a body-sized bronze stand by the entrance area and-" Mallory started explaining and Louis hummed along, but blended her out and pulled out his phone that vibrated in his pocket when he lost track of what she was explaining and he had not the slightest clue what she was talking about.