7

Harry noticed the hateful look on Mallory's face, but he didn't get it. Last time he saw her was back in school until one day to the other she suddenly disappeared and nobody knew the reason for it. It wasn't like they were fighting either or anything that justified her clear despise towards him and Zayn seeing they were one clique and everyone got along great.

How could they not? They were basically ruling the school with their group and just like Harry was the most popular boy in school, Mallory was the it-girl in the hallways. Every boy wanted her and every girl wanted to be her. She had everything- she was popular, had good grades, was independent, was immensely beautiful and nice to everyone. Most people said she was too nice to be friends with a group of bullies and bitches, but it was like one pictured the popular kids. They thought they were too cool and tough for everyone else and were only nice within their group- and even then not entirely. Her reason was that her best friend and boyfriend to that time were a part of the group, but the truth was she was just rebelling against her parents and unfortunately chose the wrong friendship circle, but as soon as she left school she left her old friends behind as well.

"What's with such a greeting towards old friends?" Harry asked surprised, his left eyebrow raised.

"'Old friends'." Mallory spat with a humourless chuckle. "If I would've known to see you here I would've brought a baseball bat and that greeting would've turned out different. Now tell me. What are you doing here?"

"Working." Harry said slightly taken aback, but covered it with a shrug.

"What?" Mallory's eyes widened comically and her head snapped from him to Zayn and back. "You can't be serious! Working? In this company? Are you kidding me?" By the end her voice was two octaves higher and she stared at them with a wild look, occasionally glancing around if anyone- or a certain someone- was in hearing range.

"No." Zayn frowned. "Gosh, what the fuck happened to you? Why are you so hysterical?"

"I-" Mallory started, but was at a loss of words. Anger bubbled up inside of her and she turned around her axis not knowing what to do with herself at this shattering confession and two dozen questions she couldn't even think of ever getting a valid answer to were running through her head. She was panicked, fearing Louis somehow didn't know about that and having to get a horrible surprise- and she was furious in case he did know about it and didn't tell her, which would explain why he was being so stressed and fell into old habits again the past few weeks. But no matter what reason it was, one was worse than the other and she couldn't possibly find an explanation for this to happen.

Her gaze stopped at the stairs where Niall was just coming down with a coffee in his hand and her hands balled into fists to somehow contain her anger and confusion. She waited until he noticed her and saw how he realised the situation when he saw Harry and Zayn standing there as well, his casual face turning into horror.

"Mal! Why are you here? What's going on?" He gulped and slowed down in his steps as if he contemplated to run away and never look back.

"Rather explain to me what they are doing here!" She snapped and pointed at Harry and Zayn who just stared at her completely lost.

"What the fuck is your problem, Mallory?" Zayn snapped at her now, unable to contain himself.

"My problem? Let me tell you my problem-" She started and pointed a finger in his face, but got interrupted before she could even start.

"Mum, what are you doing here?" Madison shouted as her and Louis came out of the hallway to go out for lunch and Louis' head shot up quicker than a lightening, seeing the scene in front of him and pure terror was plastered on his face when he saw how Harry's jaw dropped and Zayn muttered a 'what the fuck' at this unexpected turning point.