Chapter 12

Jay just stared at me. I didn't have the time, at the moment, to just have an awkward stare off. I had two more to put into the jar. I walked over to the the last two and picked them up. I never broke eye contact with Jay. I am sure that it would have looked pretty funny. Once I had the lid on the jar, I popped into the kitchen. I placed the jar back into my bag. We didn't need to be talking about that, right now.

I then popped back in the living room. I saw that Jay was looking around for me. I stood there with my hands behind my back. I was still in my god form. He has already seen it, so I don't see why I should change back. He then saw me.

"What are you?" He asked. I saw that he was pale. I looked down at the floor. I saw that I was even in my god clothes. Great, I looked absolutely terrifying.

"I need you to calm down. I don't want to tell you when you are like this." I said. I was really embarrassed that he found out like this.

"Okay, I am going to sit down, but you have to tell me." He said. He walked over to the couch and sat down. I walked over there and sat next to him. He turned so that his body was facing me. I could tell that he was really nervous.

"What do you want to know?" I ask him. I moved my ears, like those dogs in the photos, that I have seen when they are asking questions.

"What are you?" He started with. I sighed.

"I am a demi-god. Not a full god, but I hope to be one soon." I tell him. His jaw dropped. He then started to rub his knees.

"If this is making you uncomfortable, I could just make you forget what has happened." I offered to him. He just looked at my eyes. My eyes. No, they aren't realy the ones that he is used to. They are much worse.

"No, this is something that we would have to figure out anyway." He said. He is thinking about our future, or he was.

"What do you mean by 'god'? Like what kind?" He asked.

"Okay, well do you know about the Grecian gods? The ones that the Greeks used to worship, then the Romans took us, but changed our names. Anyway, I am apart of them. I am not one of the originals, but I plan on being a god." I told him. I saw that he was trying to process this.

"I studied them when I was in school. Who are your parents?" He said. Well, I don't think that he studied them like I did. But I am here to explain.

"My parents are Poseidon and Persephone." I told him. He just continued to stare at my face. I placed my tail in my lap. It isn't furry, it is like skin. So I couldn't pet it.

"The god of the Underworld is your father? Isn't he like evil?" He said. I scoffed at him.

"He isn't evil, he is just gloomy. His job has sort of made him into that. He can't help it. He is surrounded by dead people all day." I explained to him. He just nodded.

"So what is it that you do?" He said.

"I am the god of spirits and demons. I am supposed to make sure that the spirits find some sort of peace and make sure that things don't get too wild with the demons." I saw him sit straight up. He rubbed the back of his neck but still looked at me.

"I am sorry. Is my form freaking you out? I can change back into my human form, if you want me to." I said.

"No, this is okay. I just need to get used to looking at you." I felt a little better when he said that. He was really trying. I saw that his eyes travel down my body.

"You are bleeding!" He said as he pointed at my leg. I looked down and saw that there was a pool of blood on the floor. Jay bent down and grabbed my leg to look at it. It really wasn't hurting, until he touched it.