Chapter 32

Elvis opened the door, revealing a big strong man with blonde hair similar to Penny's. By his side was a much smaller woman with fair hair, so fair that it seemed nearly white in the setting sun. There was also a woman who looked only a year or two younger than Penny, with the same fair hair as her mother except slightly more golden. She was holding a little girl's hand. The little girl was biracial with black hair. She seemed to be about 4 or 5 years old.

"Uh, hey..." Elvis waved awkwardly, "uh, n-nice to f-finally meet you..."

"Are you him?" Jack asked in a tough and low voice, "the man my daughter is dating?"

"Yes," Elvis said, trying not to turn bright red in the face, "that's me. Elvis Cridlington."

"Ooh, like the singer?" Martha said, "oh, that's such a beautiful name!!"

"Thanks," Elvis blushed, looking at the ground.

"Mummy," the little girl asked, "who's that tall man?"

"Phoebe, that's Auntie Penny's boyfriend, Elvis," Phoenix explained.

"So he's my uncle??"

"Uh, I suppose," Phoenix said awkwardly. The adults all shared a quick little laugh.

The little girl looked up at Elvis, stars in her eyes. "Hi Uncle Elvis," she said.

Elvis waved, "hello."

"Why do you have buttons on your shirt?"

"I am a firefighter," Elvis said proudly, "just like your Auntie Penny."

"So you two work together?" Jack asked.

"Yes," Penny said, walking up to the little group of people, "that's how we met."

"Auntie Penny!!" Phoebe said as soon as she saw her aunt, "your boyfriend is soooo tall!!!!"

"Yes, he is," Penny blushed.

"He's taller than Grandpa!!!" Phoebe said. Suddenly, she looked over and saw Lily.

"Hello," Lily waved, "who are you?"

"I'm Phoebe!" the little girl replied, "wanna play??"

"Sure!!!"

The two little girls ran off to play.

"Who's that???" Elvis and Penny heard Norman ask, "that guy's BUFF!!!!"

"That's Penny's dad, you moron," Mandy explained.

Elvis and Penny chuckled.

"Well," Elvis said, turning to Penny's family, "uh, you should probably come inside, uh, you three."

Jack entered as he shook Elvis's hand. Martha gave him a hug, while Phoenix gave him a fist bump.

Once they were all inside, Jack turned towards Elvis and said, "so, how old are you?"

"I-I'm 31."

"A year younger than my daughter."

"Yes."

"Do you live in a house?"

"Yes."

"Not an apartment."

"No Sir, I don't live in an apartment."

"Do you get a fine pay?"

"I suppose, Sir."

"Do you come from a good background?"

"Yes. My father was a lawyer, and my mother was a secretary. Still are, in fact. Y-you can meet them!!"

Elvis rushed over towards his parents, William and Jane. William was a tall man with dark brown hair and a neat beard, while Jane was a small woman with jet black hair in a hairstyle similar to her son's, and it was clear that Elvis had gotten his long nose from her as well.

"Ma!!!" he said, "Dad!!! You have to meet my girlfriend's parents!!!"

"Oh, I hope they're as sweet as Penny!!" Jane said. Jane and William were both kindhearted and slightly clumsy people, just like their only son. They had an older daughter, their first child, Ellen, who was married with twins in Cardiff.

Elvis grabbed his parent's hands and practically threw them in front of Jack and Martha.

Trevor, on a crutch, who was nearly recovered from the whole situation 6 months ago, hobbled over to Elvis and said, "tryin' to get approval, eh?"

"I suppose, Trev," Elvis nodded, blushing a bit.

"Oh, hello," Martha said, "I expect that you are Elvis's parents!!"

"Yes," Jane said, "I'm Jane, and this is William."

"Hello," William said. He was a shy lad, and always had been.

"I'm Jack," Jack said, "and this is Martha."

There was a moment of silence before Martha said, "oh, isn't it great how our daughter and your son are together??"

"Yes," William said, "I rather think that Penny is a kind and sweet girl who is perfect for our Elvis."

Elvis smiled as the four older adults all seemed to be getting along, as they were now joking and laughing.

The party continued, with all sorts of celebrating.

"H-hey, Penny?" Elvis asked as he approached his girlfriend, "I-I have to a-ask you something."

"Sure," Penny smiled, "what is it, Visie?"

Elvis took a deep breath, and then got down on one knee and pulled out a ring box. He opened the box, revealing a diamond ring.

"Penny," he said, "will you marry me?"