Chapter 3

"Norman Price wake up!"

Norman Price awoke, and was confused for a moment before realizing: today was his 10th birthday. "OH MY GOSH MAAAM!!" He screamed as he threw off his pajamas and put on his clothes and rushed downstairs, "TODAY IS MY 10TH BIRTHDAY! I AM A GROWN MAN!!!"

"Oh yes you are, my little treasure," Dilys said as she planted a kiss on his hand, making her son grimace a bit, "now open your presents my darling."

"Okay!" Norman said. He could believe it! He, Norman Price, was 10 years of age! A grown man, practically!! 

He opened his presents. There were some toy planes and other stuff that a 10 year old would want I guess (look i don't know😒being 10 was like forever ago to me). 

"Is Derek coming over for my birthday, Mam?" Norman asked.

"Oh yes, he'll be here soon."

"Cool! We can go over to the cliffs and go skydiving!"

"Oh no you don't!" Dilys said, "just because you're 10 doesn't mean that you are going to do crazy things like jumping off a dang cliff or something like that! You can do that when you are 18!"

"Ohhh, MAAM!" Norman groaned, "that is SO not fair!"

"It is TO fair!"

Norman huffed, nearly causing his glasses to fall off his face. "I'm gonna hang out with Sarah and James now," he said, "I can't wait to show them my presents! Mandy and Hannah too, I guess, but they're girls and they have cooties..."

Dilys sighed as Norman left the store. Honestly, that boy!

Meanwhile...

Elvis Cridlington was cooking. Bolognese, to be exact, one of his favorite dishes. He was humming a little tune that went like this:

Bolognese, Bolognese, 

Come and see by Bolognese,

Better than Bella's any day!

Smell is brilliant anyway!

Such a fine food, makes my nostrils quiver!

Ooh, how jealous Bella shall be, it'll give 'er a shiver!

To see by Bolognese, Bolognese,

Come and see my Bolognese, baby!

Steele says that it ain't good,

But I honestly feel misunderstood!

Oh, my little ditties shall make you swoon,

Like a little schoolboy in June!

With my love shinin' bright,

Who says it ain't right??

"Uh, nice song, Elvis...?"

It was Arnold. 

"Oh, uh," Elvis stuttered, realizing that he had allowed the food to simmer for a bit too long, "nothin'."

"You sound like your little Bolognese song took a turn for the love crooning side!" Arnold chuckled, "c'mon, who's the lucky girl? Ellie? Dilys?"

"No."

"Is it a guy?"

"No, it's-uh-a girl."

"Is it Dilys???"