Chapter-4 : Not boyfriends Anymore

🦥

Payu 🌪️

As the bell rang, the teacher left reminding us one last time to submit our assignment on time.

Ahhhhhhhh!

Being an architecture student is not easy and that too a last year student. Our 5th year has just started and our schedule is already full of practical, assignments and many more.

"Let's go..." Lian stand and said.

"Can we take a break before..." As usual Aek's whining started.

Everyone started to leave the classroom, I also packed my things and started to walk out but suddenly Aek stopped me.

He stands in front of me and Lian beside me, looking serious and a bit angry.

"But before leaving, we have some unfinished business... Don't you think, My Dear Friend..." Aek said.

Both of them narrowed their eyes at me as if they were waiting for some answer.

Payu frowned in confusion, looking at them "What?"

"Don't you think, you have some things to explain.." Lian asked as to circle his arm around my neck.

What the hell is happening here?

"What things?" I replied casually, looking back at them.

"Where were you?" Lian demanded that I freeze on my spot.

"Huh, what kind of question is this? I was with my family and we went on vacation..." I said as convincingly as I could and tried to dismiss this conversation here.

"Is that so!" Aek said.

"And you think, we're gonna believe in this..." Lian said, doubts are still clear in their eyes.

"Come on, Payu. You can't disappear in the middle of the day, while we are still in class and unreachable the entire summer and come back to tell us that you're on vacation with your family..." Lian said.

"You think, we are dumb.." Aek finished the sentence.

"We're your friends, Payu. You can tell us..." Lian said softly making Aek nod.

But my phone ringtone interfered.

'No Eul' name appears on the screen. They also saw and picked up my phone.

"Eul.." I replied avoiding my friends who were still waiting for my response.

"Yeah, okay... I'll talk to you later..." I said end the conversation and hung up the call. They are still looking at me.

"It's No Eul?", Aek asked excitedly.
"Everything okay?" Lian still have doubts.

"Yeah, everything is fine, guys." I replied. "Let's go now, our juniors are waiting for us" I tried to divert their attention towards the club.

"Guys, I will come after going to the bathroom. You both go. I'll meet you there shortly." I answered, giving them my bag and leaving.

"I'm not convinced yet.." Lian declared frustratedly.

I heard it but chose to ignore it and left them there.

"Really? That's his answer!" Aek said throwing his hands in annoyance. Both then started walking in the direction of the club.

'Bathroom, behind the building'