"That's awesome," Grover laughed. Percy grabbed his sword and ran at Ares before he was ready. He blocked his first blow and moved around slashing his heel.

"Ah!" The god of war let out a cry as his hand clasped around his ankle. Ayden and Annabeth moved forward to join Percy. The four of them were standing in front of Ares as he stood up.

"You may think you've won, but you just made an enemy for life," Ares seethed. His body started to glow from the inside out.

"Don't look at his true form!" Annabeth screamed at him. She turned her back as Grover covered his eyes. Ayden followed suit. When the light died out they looked back. Ares was gone. A helmet was resting just on the sand where the god had been.

"Did you hear that?" Percy asked. He was looking back toward a house on the beach. The lights had lit up inside for a moment and went back out.

"Hear what?" Annabeth asked. Grover and Ayden walked over grabbing the helm of darkness.

"Oh, it's heavy," Grover grumbled as his hooves sank into the sand as they followed the other two. When they entered the house they saw Alecto standing in a dark hall.

"Well well well," She stepped forward.

"This is what you were sent for," Percy took the helmet from Ayden's hands and laid it on the table. "Take it back to Hades."

"What?" Annabeth asked.

"I lived up to my end of the deal," Percy added. "Now I hope he does the same." Alecto stepped forward as she ran a hand over the metal. She pulled the helm close to her chest.

"Good luck," she gave him a tight smile and walked out of the beach house. Ayden watched her leave as she grew wings and flew into the sky.

"Why did she say good luck?" Grover asked. Ayden turned around seeing Percy have a grim look as he held up the bag.

"No, we missed the deadline," Annabeth shook her head. "It would be a suicide mission."

"But it's the right thing to do," Percy argued. "I have to stop the war."

"Percy, you will get yourself killed," Ayden stepped forward. His attention moved to her. "Zeus will kill you."

"I have to try," Percy let out a long sigh. "I have to try." She nodded slowly as she moved forward. Her fingers touched the 'A' still on his neck. "Oh," He went to take it off, but Ayden gently pulled his arms down.

"You're going to need it still." She gave him a tight smile. "Be careful, please." Percy's eyes softened as he nodded his head a little.

"If you insist on doing this, you have to leave soon," Annabeth sighed. "Well get back to camp and make sure to tell Chrion what we've learned." The three nodded.

"See you soon."

"Make it back to camp, Jackson," Ayden gave him a sad smile. She didn't like splitting up. It never ended well and she couldn't protect him if she wasn't there. Percy didn't need her protection, but she still didn't like the separation. The anxiety hit her like a truck the moment she couldn't see him anymore.

***

The three didn't say much as they walked up the hill past Thalia's tree. Annabeth stopped to say a few greetings. Grover and Ayden gave her some privacy as they kept their distance once more. When they got closer to camp everyone was cheering. Grover and Annabeth were heroes. No one paid attention to Ayden. It wasn't her quest. She wasn't one. Well almost everyone ignored her.