9 - Up in clouds

- Hi, I'm Hyunjin

- Hi, I'm Hyunjin.

- Hi. - an unusually soft 'hi' comes out of Felix.

Now, Felix knew how Hyunjin looked, and what to expect. He inhaled every piece of information he could get about him during the ride over here. Just for a research purpose, of course.

But Hyunjin sees Felix for the first time. He stalls at the doorway for a moment.

Blond hair, beautiful lips, slim figure, and pretty, pretty eyes.
"Wow... no wonder he was scouted for his visuals."

- You have a name too?

Felix clears out his throat and forms a proper answer:

- Sorry, my name is Felix Lee. Nice to meet you.

"Whoaaa...
You did not just sound like that! 
You can't look like that, and sound like an angry bear who smokes three packs a day!"

Hyunjin feels goosebumps on his neck.  He looks at him studiously.
Is this some kind of a hidden camera prank? Who is this angel-looking,
devil-sounding person in front of him?
He even feels the heat awaking in his stomach, wtf?!

This guy in front of him is a killer combination of pretty looks, gentle but strong appearance, and deep, husky voice.
A perfect combo.

- Thank you for coming, Felix.
Do you have my notebook?

- Here. - Felix hands out the blue package. - I'm sorry for taking your book. And sorry for looking inside.

- Oh, that's cool. Thank you.

Hyunjin opens up the fabric, loving the thought of wrapping the notebook like that, and sure enough finds his missing notebook.

- Yes, this is my book. I'm sorry I didn't wrap up yours.

- That's okay, you didn't have to.

Hyunjin then hands out Felix's notebook. While Felix looks inside to confirm it's really his book, Hyunjin takes a moment to sneakily check out his lips, and....
"Oh, come on - freckles?!!
He's like cute but sexy, sweet but hot, and, why am I smirking?"

Felix looks up, smiles and shows his pearl teeth:
- Yes, that's my book.

- So... ahem, sorry, Felix, I read a little bit of it.

- Oh God... - Felix's smile instantly drops. He still looks attractive, even with a dreadful face expression.

- Just a few pages. - Hyunjin, seeing how worried Felix got, tries to make things better by making a little lie (he read everything). - But don't worry, what I read was all nice stuff. I actually wanted to meet you.

- You did?

- I did.

At that point, they just blink at each other for like 5 seconds straight.
They wait for something to go wrong, but nothing bad happens.
Hyunjin now really can't help but chuckle at the situation. He speaks up:

- Now that you're here, you want to see the building?

- Of course.

Felix picks up his stuff, makes sure he takes his notebook this time, and they head out.

- Are you a fan of any artists here?

- Oh, I don't listen to Kpop. - overwhelmed and nervous, Felix blurts the most stupid answer he could possibly give, and immediately curses his fast tongue. - I mean, it's not that I don't like it, not at all, I love it, I just don't know very many songs and artists, but my friend shared with me a few songs and those were great, really good, I guess I'm still discovering....—

Felix rumbles on and on, and Hyunjin finds it amusing. Anyone else visiting this place would by now take dozen selfies, videos, ask to get autographs for ten cousins, or pleadto meet their favorite artists, but not Felix. He's like a festival of contradictions, one surprise after another.

- I see. So, you don't have a bias or anything like that.

- I like you. You're my bias! - answers Felix, really glad that he watched those TikToks earlier and figured out what's a bias and a bias wrecker.

- Not Chan? Didn't you swoon over him in your book?

- You said you didn't read much!!
Oh, kill me now...
If you tell me you read about that encounter on a bus, you can just call a morgue to pick me up.

- What bus? - again, a little lie. Of course he read it all. In certain chapters (which were not published here), he even had to hide in a bathroom to finish the page.

- Nothing! I didn't say a bus. It was something else...

- Now I wish I read it...

- No, no, no... you're good.

- Well, Felix, I'm glad it was you who found my book, not someone who'd sell it on e-bay.

- I have no idea when the switch happend.

- Probably at the cafe down the street. You go there often, right?

- Almost every day.

- That must be it. Sometimes, I crave for their food. There's nothing so delicious and fattening in our healthy cafeteria here. But when I go there, I cover myself up, you wouldn't recognize me.

- I love their dolce latte. It's worth skipping lunch sometimes.

- You don't have to skip lunch. You look very fit to me. - of course Hyunjin checked him out.

Felix smirks at the compliment and almost blushes. He never blushes.
Why is this guy making him feel so weird?!

- Ok, see this studio here, that's where new trainees work before their debut. I spent many nights here, just like...

Felix nods and pays absolutely no attention to whatever his hotness is talking about. For a moment there, he wishes to see Hyunjin's personal quarters, like his room and stuff... but it would be inappropriate to say that.

It would, right?

Probably.

*****

To be continued...
💙🤍

******