𝟎𝟑𝟕. - mission creek through a parallel universe

CHAPTER THIRTY SEVEN
( mission creek through a parallel universe ! )

CHAPTER THIRTY SEVEN( mission creek through a parallel universe ! )

OH, YOU EFFING SNITCHES

(  * ˚ ˑ༄ؘ ✦ )

"HAVE I EVER TOLD YOU GUYS ABOUT THE TIME leo and i went to a parallel universe?" aurora asked out-of-the-blue one stormy friday afternoon. heavy rain fell hard onto the town of swellview. the sound of raindrops hitting the windows can be heard from inside of junk n' stuff. aurora, henry, charlotte, and jasper were forced by ray to clean the store as he sat behind the counter reading a magazine dedicated to captain man and the lore behind his superhero upbringing. nothing will ever get in the way between ray and his ego.

henry, jasper, and charlotte stopped scrubbing the floor and stared at the girl. aurora, oblivious to their sudden shift of behavior, carried on with her attempt to get rid of a nasty stain on the floor. when she didn't get a response to her question and the only sound that filled the room was the rain and her srubbing, she looked up to find all eyes on her. even ray had peered his eyes away from his magazine to figure out if he had heard aurora right.

"what?" charlotte asked.

"leo and i went to a parallel universe once," aurora repeated. "did i seriously not tell you guys?"

they all shook their heads.

"nope."
"no."
"nah."
"not at all."

"oh. well, a few years ago davenport made a sciencey invention that allowed you to see the origins of the universe or something. i don't know. he's a big nerd. anyway, he turned it on but nothing happened. when leo and i went down to the lab an hour later, his machine started acting weird and literally sucked us into a parallel universe," aurora explained and tilted her head quizzically, "i could've sworn i told you guys."

"oh my god, are you serious?" charlotte asked.

"you've got to tell us what happened," jasper urged.

"it's a long story," aurora admitted.

henry looked out the windows of the store to check the weather. the rain seemed to be falling harder than before, and it looks like it won't be stopping any time soon. he turned back to aurora, "i think we've got time."

"don't leave us hangin' girl. tell us what happened!" ray pushed. all her friends nodded their heads in agreement.

"okay, okay," aurora sat in a criss cross position on the floor before continuing, "alright, so.. davenport had just created a new invention that had a big build up, but a very small payoff..."