041. up & away, i'm an alien

CHAPTER FORTY-ONE
( up & away, i'm an alien ! )

CHAPTER FORTY-ONE( up & away, i'm an alien ! )

STILL DON'T BELIEVE IN ALIENS?

(  * ˚ ˑ༄ؘ ✦ )

"I SAW AN ALIEN ONCE," AURORA ADMITTED AS IF it were something as simple as admitting her hatred for onions. it was a breezy, star-filled night. the danger team was on the roof of junk n stuff roasting marshmallows as they gazed at the millions of stars hung above them.

aurora bit her freshly roasted marshmallow, unaware of the looks she was receiving from her friends. this wasn't the first time she has revealed something about her life to them, and it wasn't the first time they've been stunned by it.

"well," aurora covered her mouth as she chewed. she swallowed her snack before continuing, "i was chased by one."

"uh," henry laughed dryly. "wh— what?"

"you were chased... by an alien?" ray repeated, unsure if she was just pulling their leg.

"yeah. crazy right?" aurora laughed as she sandwiched her already bitten marshmallow between two graham crackers.

"um, rory," charlotte called.

"hmm?"

"are you sure it was an alien and not just schwoz in a face mask?" ray asked.

"yes i'm sure. it was one of the most traumatizing experiences i went through. i can still hear the screams til this day," aurora stared into the fire, recalling every single detail from that night.

"what happened?" jasper asked warily, not wanting to overstimulate aurora with memories.

"it all occurred during the lunar eclipse last year. i was in mission creek. chase had invited me to watch the eclipse at his house when it all began..."

────

MISSION CREEK
THE LIVING ROOM, DAVENPORT'S HOUSE
ONE YEAR AGO

────

"LEO," AURORA CALLED AND AS A RESULT, THE BOY turned his phone to her, recording. he had just shot a clip of mr davenport on the porch looking through a telescope. mr davenport was cracking his lower back, and leo spoke into the phone, calling him old. "what are you doing?" aurora asked.