I gulped.

"But why did he do it? He shared his investments in your business too why would he want to compromise it?" Tanong ko dito.

"Louie is a serial gambler. I can only imagine his dealings with powerful people who probably are holding him by the neck." He offered some explanation. "But regardless of the reason I cannot trust him anymore especially when I found out the sum of amounts that are missing under his watch. That's why I kicked him out and wanted to push for the legal proceedings. He must have taken it to heart and wanted to retaliate by killing me and hurting you in the process"

He exhaled some air. "I never thought things would turn out this way." He whispered.

Biglang bumukas ang pintuan ng silid at pumasok ang nanunuksong ngiti ni Laura ngunit bigla din itong nag seryoso ng makita ang mukha ni Allen habang nakatingin sa akin. "Hey, hey you guys, okay?" she asked, sensing the seriousness in the room.

I nodded at her.

"Sorry to burst your bubble but we have more pressing things to do. Have you told him everything yet?" Laura asked directing the question to me while stealing glances at Allen, he does look good in this boring hospital gown if I'm being honest. She does have a keen eye.

Allen's gaze went from Laura to me waiting for an explanation of what she meant.

"Not the entire thing yet Laura" I shook my head finally answering her question.

"What else do I need to know?" Allen asked curiously.

"Well after I got discharged Louie attempted to kill me again," I stated nonchalantly.

"What? Are you hurt? No..." Fear flashed within his eyes as he tried to check every part of me.

"I am fine Allen; Ram was there to help..." I added it right after.

He momentarily stopped as he watched how I dropped my eyes away from him. "I have been putting you in danger all this time" he uttered more to himself. "I'm sorry" he Apologizes again.

"That's beside the point, I am alright now don't worry about it, but during that abduction, Louie did mention working with powerful people behind the scenes and that he was just doing their bidding. Someone is pulling the shots, Allen. Louie is not the real enemy here..."

I stared at Allen one more time. "Do you have any idea who it could be?" I prompted.

He closed his eyes. "I can't think of anyone who harbors hatred towards me" he finally said after some time.

"It's alright Allen. We will figure this out" I offered assurance.

"Well... that's why we are here today. Ram and I thought of something sort of crazy but maybe we can finally uncover the truth" Laura then uttered and right on queue Ram went in on his typical cop outfit. All our eyes were directed at him the moment he stepped inside the room.

"Dude drop the leather jacket, sobrang init sa labas, what's with you? You know I think I'll help you upgrade your fashion next time. Let me know if you are interested." Laura added that it lightened the mood a little bit.

Napakamot nalang ng ulo si Ram surprised how the conversation turned into a fashion roast.

"Kakarating ko lang..." he uttered innocently.

Allen carefully walked towards Ram. He looked at him intently and out of nowhere he shook his hand. "Thank you for helping out and protecting Geraldine." Saad nito na lalong nagpakabog sa aking dibdib giving me a tinge of blush on my cheek.

"You are not off the hook for tax evasion, yet Mr. Romualdez let's not get too comfortable here" hirit na sagot ni Ram and Allen smiled in return.

"Bring it on officer... I'm ready for you" he replied tightening his hold on Ram's hand.