Chapter 18: Peter vs. Miraz

The duel between the kings finally began. This was my first time seeing Peter fight and despite Miraz being older than Peter, it was very obvious that Peter had more experience. Based in what I was seeing, I think Peter was able to hit Miraz and hurt him really bad. Then Miraz started using his shield to hit Peter which cases his helmet to fly off his head. While Peter was unbalanced, Miraz used this as an advantaage to knock Peter down. I saw Miraz step on Peter's shield which caused Peter to scream in pain. Peter was able to knock down Miraz but he seemed a bit weak. As soon as Miraz got up, he started attacking Peter. Peter used his shield but it seemed that he couldn't use his arm properly. Then from the corner of my eyes I saw a horse with Caspian and Susan riding on it. I turned my attention back to Peter and saw that they weren't fighting and I fugured out that they were going to take a time out. I sprinted out of the How to check if Peter was okay. As soon as I got there I gave him a hug and I heard him groan in pain.

Me: Oops, sorry.

Peter: It's okay. You two *points at me and Susan* should go up there, just in case.

Susan goes to Peter and gives him a hug and for the second time Peter groaned in pain.

Susan: Sorry.

Edmund: Keep smiling.

Peter faced the How and raised his sword with a smile on his face. Susan and I started running back to the How but I stopped midway.

Susan: Emily?

Me: You go ahead.

She nodded and I ran back to where the boys were. I heard Peter tell Edmund that his arm was dislocated.

Me: I can fix that.

I went beside Peter and placed one arm on his arm and one on his shoulder.

Peter: What do you think happens back home, Ed, if I die back here? You know that you've always been there and I never really got to-

Before he got to finish, I pushed back his shoulder in place.

Edmund: Save it for later.

Me: And don't you talk like that. Just like you always say, everything will be alright. Now good luck.

Peter: Thanks, Emily.

I nodded to him and started running back to the How. As soon as I got there, I saw that fight already began. Miraz was first to attack and he was more aggressive and seemed angrier than the first round. He looked as if he just wants to kill Peter. After a lot of defending, blocking and attacking, Miraz made Peter's sword fly out of his hand. Miraz used his shield to hit Peter but Peter grabbed it and twisted Miraz' arm to bring his shield to his back. Then Miraz elbowed Peter's face which caused Peter to let go of his shield. Miraz pushed Peter to a rock which caused Peter to fall on the floor. He started attacking Peter with his sword and Peter was still down. Then Peter found a way to get to a kneeling position and punched where Miraz was wounded. This caused Miraz to drop his sword and back away from Peter.

Yes! Peter won! Peter got his shield and started walking back when Miraz tried to stab Peter. Luckily Peter was quick enough and got Miraz to let go of his sword and used it to stab Miraz. It seemed like Miraz was telling  Peter something and then Peter looked back and was handing the sword to Caspian. Caspian took the sword from Peter and raised it. For a moment he really looked like he was going to kill Miraz until he screamed and brought the sword to the ground and just walked away. The Narnians started cheering.

Me: Oh my gosh! We won.

I turned to Susan and hugged her. Then all the cheering stopped when we saw Miraz on the ground with an arrow on his back.

Telmarine: Treachery! They shot him! They murdered our king!

Petr turned towards us.

Peter: Be ready!

All the archers got ready. The war officially started.