Chapter 11: Songs And Dreams

As soon as I calmed down, I went back in the How and saw that everyone was getting ready for tonight. It was also decided that Lucy and I will stay here so we'll be safe. I was going around looking for Edmund but I couldn't find him anywhere. Then I heard Peter announce that it was time to leave. Since I couldn't find Edmund, I went to Lucy and the both of us just watched them leave. Once we were inside, the How was very quiet. The thing that I didn't like about the quietness of the room made me think. I started thinking about Edmund. What if he gets hurt of worse killed? What if he doesn't come back? What if I won't see him again? The worst part was that the last thing we did was fight. The thought of losing him scared me.

Me: Lucy, I'm worried about them. A lot could go wrong.

Lucy: Worried about them or just a certain brother of mine?

Me: Ha ha, very funny.

Lucy: You can't hide it forever you know. I know you have feelings for Ed and don't even try to deny it.

Me: If I did, I will still be equally worried about all of them.

Lucy: Whatever you say. Why are you avoiding him anyway?

Me: I don't want to talk about it.

Lucy: C'mon, you can tell me.

Me: Fine.

So I told everything that happened the previous night. Yes, everything. The kiss and about my 'parents'. As well as the thought of thing getting awkward between us and all those excuses.

Lucy: Well that just means that he likes you too.

Me: You really think so?

Lucy: Of course he does. I see it in the way he looks at you. He never looked at any girl like that in school. He's changed as well because of you. He smiles more, talks more and laughs more. Another thing, he kept that necklace you gave to him and he never takes it off.

Me: Really?

Lucy: Yup. Okay, talking about Ed made me start worrying about my siblings. I know that they've done it before and survived it, but this feels different.

Me: If you said they survived before then they would most likely survive and just like you said, don't worry too much. Back home, at times like this, I would get my guitar and play songs to cheer people up. Sadly, I left my guitar in London.

Suddenly out of nowhere, my guitar appeared beside me.

Lucy: Where did that come from?

Me: I don't know.

Lucy: Well since it's here, can you play me a song?

Me: Sure!

I started playing one of my favorite songs.

I keep fighting voices in my mind that say I'm not enough

Every single lie that tells me I will never measure up

Am I more than just the sum of every high and every low?

Remind me once again just who I am, because I need to know, ooh oh

You say I am loved when I can't feel a thing

You say I am strong when I think I am weak

And You say I am held when I am falling short

And when I don't belong, oh, You say I am Yours

And I believe (I), oh, I believe (I)

What You say of me (I)

I believe