𝑻𝑻𝑫𝟓.

Iris hugged her mom. "hola mija I've missed you." She said walking in, but just asked she walked in dd walked out the bathroom. "quien es este buen hombre??" Dd smiled and responded with "mi nombre es david reyes." Iris's mom mouth dropped open and Iris smiled and responded with "Mamá, este es mi novio. Hemos estado saliendo durante 5 meses." "él también es dominicano por eso nos puede entender." Iris mom smiled and introduced her self "Mi nombre es jela, encantado de conocerte, David."

Dd smiled and walked over to her mom, to her surprise he hugged her mom, and she hugged back. "I like him better than that scum jer..what was it? Jackson..Jeremy..jermaine!!" She protested. "Marry him mija." "Mom im 17." "And?" "I married your father when I was 14." She says laughing.

Jela turned to iris and look her up and down. "Mija im so proud of you." "You turned your life into the life I wanted when I was a girl." She said looking around. "de todos modos" her mom said walking to her couch and sitting down. Putting her purse on the table. "I wanted to talk to you about a family dinner that's happening in about a week." Iris face tensed up. "Mama." She said annoyed.

Iris and jela knew they never got along with there family, ever since J died it's been split into 2. "Mija, sé que no te gusta su familia, francamente a mí tampoco, pero tenemos que hacer una aparición." Iris rolled her eyes and sat next to her mom, holding her hot chocolate. Dd went into the room to give them some privacy. "You know Elijah is not gonna go." Iris said. "That's where you come in." "You need to convince him." Her mom says desperately. "Why??" "Mama why do you wanna go so bad anyway??" "It's your dad." She says "after he died,  his assets split apart, nobody could even think about touching them or subpoenaing the will until you two were at least 17. She said. "All his money and assets are now at risk because the family wants a cut out of everything, they've been in contact with the lawyers, and there trying to get them to reinstate the will."

Jela looks stressed. Iris catches on. "So that's means..they could take the house dad left you and all the other assets, unless me or Elijah does something about it." Iris looks conflicted for a moment. "Okay I'll do it for you mama." "It's not fair you should have to suffer because our family is greedy." "J would be rolling over in his grave and so would papa." She scoffs. Jela smiles at her daughter. "Make sure to bring your boyfriend with you, he seems sweet." "Oh also where is keyah?" Jela asks before she leaves. "In her room." Iris points to the room and Jela walks in. "mi segunda hija." Keyah turns around from being in her closet and basically jumps onto Jela. "Oh my I've missed you." Jela says smiling. Keyah and Jela catch up before Jela leaves.

Jela hugs her daughter one last time. "See you in 2 days mija." She says smiling. Jela leaves and iris sighs. "Fuck." "Fuck fuck fuck." She tells agitated.

Keyah and David come out and look at iris. "What's wrong ma?" Dd says walking over to her and sitting next to her. "sis, what's up with you?" Keyah says sitting on the edge of the arm chair.

Iris explains everything, and how the family has always been. Keyah knew some of it but she never knew it ran this deep. "Damn girl, guess we finna have to beat some nieces and nephews up." Keyah says laughing. Iris smiles at her bestfriend. Dd hugs his girlfriend, telling her everything will be alright.

Iris sighs and thanks them. "Oh also!" She says and they look at her. "Im gonna have a little get together with the crew at Russos restaurant tomorrow so make sure yall put on something nice. "Ima tell the gang." Dd says dialing up the OY members and telling them.

Iris already knows this family dinner ain't gonna be fun.