21. A Letter For Me

| Annalise Lauren |

| Annalise Lauren |

"A Letter For Me"

My mouth was agape, unsure of what to do or say with the words that had been hand written in a letter, addressed to none other than me. My name, in cursive letters, was there, on paper, with a different last name. A last name that I had never seen before, and it sort of, scared me I guess. This wasn't who I was, but maybe it was. 

Dear Annalise Walton were the only words I had read so far. I didn't think I was a Walton. I didn't even know who the Waltons were. They had written me a letter, and I didn't even want to read it after the first three words. "Here, let me read it" it was then taken out of my light grasp, gently, and into someone else's. That was when I noticed that Angus was no longer speaking with the doctor, and his eyes had been trained on what I was doing. 

I stared at the letter he was holding, anticipating a bad reaction. I didn't hate that it was written as Annalise Lauren, and rather Walton, but why Walton? Who was this Walton person that had written to me? Not even typed out the letter, had hand written it, and from the glance I had taken, the person had had elegant writing. Writing that I had never seen before. 

I hated waiting for what was going to be said about the letter. I don't even know if it was a good idea to let Angus read it, because it could have been personal, or important for just me to know. Not like anything about these Walton people could be personal or important about themselves, as I was sure someone had probably read it before I had, with customs and everything. 

Or maybe that was just for reality shows? Who knows. I didn't care though. I didn't have a home anymore, the only thing I had were the clothes I had been wearing for about a week and a half, and the stuff that was littered in the other hospital room. I wasn't even sure what was in those bags that were mine, and I wasn't sure I wanted to look any time soon. 

There were too many memories that related back to Mr. and Mrs. Lauren that I could care less about now. Some were good, and it was only some. Not all or most, just some. Most of the bad ones overran the good ones, because they were so recently and dug so deep into the hole that the good ones had once filled.

"Here" Angus then handed me back the letter, a small grimace on his lips. I was shocked by the look on his face, immediately delving into the letter that had just been placed back into my hands. I was sure that if it was bad, he wouldn't have let me read it. He would have wanted to protect me and lie to my face if anything, I was sure of it. 

Dear Annalise Walton, 

I was recently contacted about your latest discovery in family history. I am your eldest brother, Hayden Walton. DNA results had been photocopied onto the attached paper to this letter for proof. I heard of Aiden's incident and I hope he is recovering well, and will eventually read the letter that I wrote for him as well, but for now, I give you this information.