19. A Moment In Peace

- Angus Armani  - 

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

- Angus Armani  - 

"A Moment In Peace" 

I held her tight, as tight as I possibly could, as I felt the tears brimming in the backs of my eyes. I had seen her like this, and I had vowed to myself that I didn't want to see her this way again. She didn't deserve all of this pressure. She needed to live a free life, not filled with panic. 

"Angus, you need to rest. Let me take her" I turned my body a little, so that Archer couldn't take my girl away from me. I knew it would be too early to call her my girl in front of her or anybody else, but she had become a piece of me, and I hoped that I was a piece of her. There was no way that I could just forget about her. 

From the pointless banter to the panicky girl that was only just awake a few minuets ago, there was no way that I could erase that from my memory. I couldn't believe that she trusted me enough, to fall into my arms in her panic attack. I had only seen something vaguely similar to this, back at the rink once, but never this bad. 

I had been the one that had calmed her down, and there was no way that I was going to just leave her here, with Archer and Alistair. Not that they would do anything, but I didn't want to hurt her when I had just gained her trust, and I didn't want to her to have another panic attack. She didn't need nor did she deserve to have to go through that again. 

"No" I muttered, pressing my lips to the top of her head, feeling relief that her breathing had finally evened out and was starting to match with my own. She was breathing, so she was alright, at least for now. She was alright with being in my arms after a panic attack, and she was comfortable. Comfortable enough to fall asleep in my arms once again. 

As of right now, it felt like we were in our own cocoon. I knew we weren't, not literally, but it just felt like we were going to our own beat. No ice skating or hockey, just the two of us, here, together, breathing, living. No parents trying to tell us what to do. Just us. 

For once, it felt like everything had stopped spinning. Stopped hurting. Stopped flashing. Everything seemed to make sense. Everything just stopped, and it felt like no words had to be shared and we understood one another more than anyone else that could see from the outside ever would. We understood one another on a deeper level without the words to say it. 

"Angus, you need to rest. Ana needs to rest" Alistair piped into the conversation, making a pout form on my face, as the dizziness started to kick in and the pain came in full force. My drugs were starting to fade out and I was sure that I was in need of some more. I needed another dose around about now, but I didn't want to leave Ana here. 

"How about a compromise?" I liked the sound of those words from Archer. For once, he was speaking sense to me. He was actually starting to understand me, after so long of begging him to just get that I wasn't like him and that I couldn't just fit in anywhere like he did all the time. People loved him, while people didn't always like and trust me.