Chapter 27 You're All Going To Die Here

Start from the beginning

"Ahhhh!" Barry let out a scream as his body was lifted off the floor, and he felt his bones compress, like an invisible force was squeezing him with thousands of tons of force.

Luckily, the White Martian activated density shifting to avoid Diana's thrown sword. Diana followed up with an attack of her own as she blasted forward, but a bladed chain interrupted her propulsion.

The chain clashed against her armor, pushing her back several meters. Diana felt a noticeable deform in her chest area and her eyes were solemn.

Whatever that chain was made of, it certainly wasn't ordinary metal.

Arkin on the other hand was visibly annoyed. The same way Superman was borderline mortal under a red sun, he who had absorbed his Kryptonian blood had his enhanced strength stripped away in the same case.

His attack on Wonder Woman was using his original strength, or he would have inflicted more damage.

"Enough!" Mericrozz said seriously, and her mental power unfolded throughout the whole city.

Wherever her telepathy unfolded, countless civilians in Central City screaming, hiding, running suddenly felt a force invade their minds. A second later, they all carried a dull expression, as if the light in their eyes was hollowed out.

Then, they all moved towards different directions. Some to the sharpest thing they could find, some to the top of their buildings, while police officers who had guns pointed their guns at people or themselves.

The chaotic city suddenly gave off a deafening silence.

"You are the guardians of this planet, are you not? Now I give you a choice. She raised Superman and brought him beside her.

"You can continue your attack, but the humans of this city will suffer the consequences at the cost of their lives". Her indifferent voice fell into their ears, causing them to stiffen in their actions.

Diana and Cyborg, who were ready to launch another attack, couldn't move a muscle. Their eyebrows narrowed, and their faces looked grave.

"She isn't lying. Her mind has invaded everyone in the city. One thought and they'll all kill themselves". Martian Manhunter said weakly as he raised himself from the floor.

His words made their eyebrows furrow even more. The situation had gotten even trickier. Hundreds of thousands of people had their lives on the line.

J'onn looked at Mericrozz gravely. The mind of this Martian, he had never seen anything like it.

Their mental power was vastly different so that he had immediately suffered a loss in their telepathic exchange.

"..... Who…. What are you?" His question went unanswered.

BOOM!

The attention of everyone was caught by the sound of explosions happening above them.

The United States military had sent in several fighter jets and launched countless missiles in an attempt to destroy the spaceship.

Well, it was just a symbolic attempt. No one actually expected it to have any effect. Sure enough, the missiles were destroyed before it even reached the ship.

Alongside numerous US fighters was Batman's Bat Jet.

"I believe it's time to leave". Mericrozz said flatly. Arkin beside her pressed a button and a beam of light fell from the spaceship.

The next moment, the figures of both of them disappeared.

"Dammit!" Cyborg exclaimed angrily.

"We can't let them take Clark!" Diana added as she flew into the sky.