||THE HANDSOME DEVIL||

VAANI

Mumbai, city of dreams so bright,
Skies filled with dreams taking flight.
Bustling streets, a vibrant sea,
In Mumbai's heartbeat, I am forever free.

It's been 4 months I escaped. It's been 4 months I stepped towards my freedom. It's been 4 months my career in painting is skyrocketing. Now the people don't know me as a mute helpless girl. The people know me as the strong headed, vibrant and successful painter of surrealism. The world knows me as the painter of emotions. They said they feel emotions in my work. They said my paintings speaks to them and it feel too raw, but they see the work I present infront of them. They don't see the broken me in my paintings and no one will able to see it. How can anyone see through the person when the walls are too high? It's simple they like the painting. They like the dreamy feel in them and they buy them. It almost feel like I am selling my emotions to said peoples.

In all this hassle I did one thing right and I will always be proud of it. As soon as reach Mumbai, I filed FIR on my so called step mother on the basis of Domestic Violence, Inheritance Theft, Threat of Death, Verbal Abuse, Psychological and Emotional Abuse, Financial and Material Abuse, Modern slavery and Discriminatory abuse. Next day the police was in her door. It's not like that witch tried to stop them. She tried to bribe and ask for what evidence I submitted and I know that she'll ask that, so I already showed the papers, then give them the memory which I managed to stole from her only and she didn't even notice. The memory have all her evilness that was served in the golden platter. If you ask me why I stayed 1 year into that prison and take the torture then? Well then I was preparing for the downfall of that witch and preparation for my rise. In that one year I was faceless artist with the nickname of VA and in that one year my paintings got famous and my name shine like the sun shining in the bright sky. After that I took the decision to shift in Mumbai. I bought the decent flat in the decent neighborhood and believe me they are not cheap by any means, so I have to use some amount from my inheritance. After all the process with cops were done. Within one month I revealed my face and now I am one of the famous artist and in today's date my paintings are not selled, they are auctioned. It's like I found my voice without my voice.

Today, suddenly my PA less, friend more- Aarvi called me told me there was some mishap in paintings and I got the signal that I have to go to my studio. It's not necessary for me to go there but the said girl had her parents coming in her house. She is 24 year old and one of the most extrovert person I've ever met. I was strolling on the beach after my first exhibition here. When I saw her sitting on the beach with the bottle of bourbon in her hands and let's say she was very drunk. I was noticing her her from distance of atleast 10 meters so she won't notice me. I don't know why was I observing her but she was looking very disturbed. I watched her for good 45 minutes and I decided to go to my home because approaching drunk people at night is not good and on top of that I can't explain anything to her. But, when I was standing up I noticed her she was entering in the sea and I thought she was going to feel the water but she didn't stop. Then it clicked me that she was going to do suicide. At that time my instincts kicked and I run towards her at first she fought me but I am also one hell of stubborn, I didn't leave her till I take her out of the beach. After that, she starts rambling about how her whole life is a lie and she wants to die. I tried to sign her about where she leave and to my surprise she understands pretty fast but I didn't understand what she was telling me because all her words were blurry. At first, I thought of leaving her nearby park but there are many devils who lurked in the dark who will try to tame her. So, I ended up taking her to my home only. Next day when I woke up with the sound of earpeircing scream coming from my guest room. When I go there she was threatening me that she know karate and what knows defence, before she can ramble more I tried to sign in very understanding language but then she interrupt me and told me that she knows sign language. Later I explain her everything and unknowingly she also share me everything. She told me she was trying for the job and she wasn't qualified in any interview and the pressure of society and parents expectations and many more. I also come to know that she has done hotel management from a reputed college. So, I ended up making her my PA and I was in the need of one because of my workload and one profit is that she understands sign language and believe me she was on cloud nine when I gave her the offer.