Chapter 2

'Welcome to Vegas baby-'

Oh no! Not again... I said as I turned off my phone alarm.

-Jennie darling! Are you awake?

Yes mom! I replied. 

-Come on breakfast is ready. Hurry up!

Okay! Mrs Kim is not my real mom, she's the one who adopted me when I lost my parents in a car accident. I was only eleven by then. Everything happened in the evening when we were coming back from the amusement park when and I was urging them to get home as soon as possible so that I could watch my favorite TV show. They showed the last episode on my birthday. There was also a downpour then, the asphalt was almost invisible... And me... It's all my fault. I caught myself crying in front of the mirror again. Even my nightmares came back.

-Hey sweetie? You didn't sleep well?

My nightmares are back again. And every time I dream the same.

-Oh poor little thing. Come here. Mrs Kim said as she hugged me tight.

I was really scared. I said as a tear rolled down my face.

-It's okay darling... It's okay.

It's not okay...

-Did something else happened?

Well... 

-Tell me sweetheart. I looked into her worried eyes, thinking whether to tell her or not. But I have decided to tell her anyway. I didn't want to hide anything from her.

I was attacked yesterday.. 

-What? Why you didn't tell me that yesterday?! 

I didn't want you to worry. She was still looking at me with that worried look.

-You should still tell me.

But I..

-Thanks God you're good. She cut me off.

If that girl wasn't there I've probably would have been...

-Don't think of that now! Who is she?

Lisa, she's our new student.

-I would love to meet her in person and thank her.

I don't think that she will agree with that.

-Why not?

Well.. She's very cold and I don't talk to her that much. She's very rude to me, even if I don't know what is her problem tho.

-Just ask her okay? She will certainly agree if you ask her nicely, she saved your life. I have to make it up to her.

I will see what can I do. But I'm telling you she will not come.

-You'll go with one of our vehicle today. And from now on will be like that. You're not going anywhere alone, maybe I should hire a bodyguard for you.

No! I don't need a bodyguard, okay?!

-That's for your safety Jennie.

Mom I said no! I don't want them to follow me everywhere. I will not have my privacy and freedom.

-Okay darling but just be careful okay? And try not to go alone without friends.

That's what she said.. I muttered as I rolled my eyes.

-What did you say?

I said I should go now or I'll be late.

-Yeah okay. Vehicle is in front of the house, waiting for you.