Chapter 2

The screen goes black and cuts to Juno Potter asleep, who wakes to her Aunt Petunia and her shrill voice which made the first noise of the day.

"Up! Get up! Now!"

Juno woke with a start. Her aunt rapped on the door again.

"Up!" she screeched. Juno heard her walking towards the kitchen and then the sound of the frying pan being put on the cooker. She rolled onto her back and tried to remember the dream she had been having. It had been a good one. There had been a flying motorbike in it. She had a funny feeling he's had the same dream before.

"You remember that? but you we're like 1 years old" James asks his daughter curiously, already looking at her.

She shrugs before letting out a weak little laugh "I don't really know to be honest."

Her aunt was back outside the door. "Are you up yet?" she demanded.

"Nearly" said Juno.

"Well get a move on, I want you to look after the bacon. And don't you dare let it burn, I want everything perfect on Duddy's birthday".

Juno groaned.

Snickers were heard from all across the great hall at that nickname.

Juno slowly got out of bed and started to look for socks, she found a pair and after pulling a spider off one of them, put them on.

A large tubby boy, Dudley Dursley suddenly comes running down the stairs which can be heard from coming above from where Juno was now sat.

"Wake up cousin! We're going to the zoo" he says before running to the living room.

Juno opens the door and steps out from the cupboard under the stairs, she's wearing oversized, hand me down clothes that drown her figure.

"What! They made you sleep in the cupboard under the stairs."

"What the fuck."

"How fucking dare she, I know she doesn't like magic but to do that to my daughter, unbelievable." Lily spits out before turning to Juno to check to see if she's okay.

"Mum, don't worry i'm okay. I didn't stay there for much longer anyway" Juno says, trying to calm down both of her parents who look ready to murder Petunia.

Juno was frying eggs by the time Dudley arrived in the kitchen with his mother. "Oh, here her comes, the birthday boy!" Petunia says while waking towards the dinner table.

"Happy birthday, son" says uncle Vernon, before turning to Juno, "Hurry up! Bring my coffee, girl!"

"Yes, uncle Vernon" Juno says while rolling her eyes before spitting into the coffee without anyone noticing, gives it a quick stir and walks over and places it in front of him.

Petunia leads Dudley over to the family room, where there are a vast amount of presents. Dudley stares. "Aren't they wonderful darling?" Petunia askes. Dudley starts counting his presents before his face falls.

"Thirty-six" he said, looking up at his mother and father. "That's two less than last year."

"Spoiled brat"

"Darling, you haven't counted Auntie Marge's present, see, it's here under this big one from Mummy and Daddy."

"All right, thirty-seven then" said Dudley, going red in the face. Juno who could see a huge Dudley tantrum coming on, began wolfing down her bacon as fast as possible.