Chapter 13

In the Solar year 230, a dragon attacked Xuan Huang, broke through the enchantments and entered the Capital of Yunshan...

Though no one was harmed in this since safety measures were immediately taken, the property was harmed. Meanwhile, the Emperor was in a coma at the Frost Palace of Xiangge.

At morning four, alarming bells sounded deafening the silence of the gloomy Capital. The entire city was thrown into a wave of chaos. People ran here and there, screaming in terror. The wind of the late night was cold and chilling. It was also drizzling. Soundless lightnings smote.

It was yet dark and the inescapable sheets of clouds and mists were enveloped around Yunshan, dimming the faint yellow lights that glimmered from the top of the Cloud Mountain Palace.

And horrifyingly, in the gloomy darkness a massive shadow swept past, passing above the busy streets, causing the people to scream in fright. They did not know what it was. They only knew that the bells were alarming them to immediately get safety measures...

The enormous shadow smoothly flew towards Yunshan and perched on the highest peak of Mount Qingyun. It was enormous and sleeky, with a serpentine like figure and a horned head. It shook it's maned head majestically and proudly and it's cluster of long and sharp horns glimmered in a vicious light.

The constant soundless lightnings forked down brightening the gloomy darkness of the night, occasionally. And the giant shadow on the summit of the peak under the cover of the mist and light looked bizarre.

It was a ... Dragon ...

Dragons were highly intelligent beasts than ordinary beasts. It obviously felt the terrible repulsive force that avoided it from barging onto the grounds. There was a murderous invisible molten glassy enchantment just ten or fifteen metres above the lower ground, protecting the helpless mortals. The enchantment was yet new and strong, and must have been casted not few moments ago...

But the dragon obviously did not care about the helpless mortals. It had it's own mission to do.

It bore out it's sharp dagger like teeth, it's slit eyes fixed thirstily at the top of Yun mountains. A frightening roar escaped it's throat. It's golden scaled body shone in a faint pearl like lustre under the half hidden moon in the sky.

It then took flight into the sky again, it's enormous body casting an enormous black shadow underneath it. The dragon was closing the distance at an amazing pace. But -

At Lianyi Peak of Cloud Mountain, Ru Mengxian lied at the foremost edge of the thousand feet tall cliff, leisurely eating a radish! One of his slender legs were even swinging down the precipice spiritedly. This view, however gave the watchers nightmares. They were speechless.

Several shadow guards behind him exchanged looks apprehensively. Why was their master refusing to inform the Emperor? It was too late. The monster had already reached the Capital. The Emperor must be already aware of it now. But why was the Emperor still not taking any action?

All the enchantments from the borders to the Capital were all forcefully broken by this monster. But they did not know that the Emperor was meanwhile in a coma at the Frost Palace of Xiangge, feeling weak and weak all over.

The shadow guards felt even lost when they saw that Rumeng like this. They were speechless.

"Master!" One of them said in incredulous disbelief. "The... The..."

Rumeng took another big bite and smiled at him pleasantly. "The what?"

"The dragon!" That person ended lamely. He really couldn't understand how their master kept so calm and collected in this of a terrible situation.