Chapter 04

Outside the Court Hall, Eunuch Zhu hugged a bamboo tree and retched. Rumeng stood by the side, massaging his sore throat furiously.

"Ok!" He said in an anxiously concerned voice. "Wasn't it you who agreed to my idea? And didn't I warn you before that the more you delay the matter, the more you have to suffer?"

" - Retch!" Eunuch Zhu who heard this, couldn't pretend to be deaf and blind. He raised his red eyes to look at Rumeng furiously. "This is what you call suffer? You mad hooligan, this is called killing a sixty years old man with heart attack!"

"Well." Rumeng scratched his head seriously. "I don't kill pigs."

" - Retch!" Eunuch Zhu retched in shock and anger. "You rascal, you wait until I'm done retching! - Retch!"

He retched again disgustedly.

They both did not see the slender figure that ran out of the Court Hall. Within a moment, it was the time for Rumeng to be shocked when suddenly Xiangge grasped him from the throat.

"Aaaaaah! Lord... Lord Mingshan..."

Rumeng gasped, choking in his breath, slapping Xiangge's hands upon his neck.

"Let go! You... you're choking me! Why does everyone only see my neck? Why can't you grasp from my leg or something? Cough-"

Eunuch Zhu looked at Rumeng viciously. "It's because your neck is flashy." He said darkly. "You must cut it the next time if you don't want other's hands upon it!"

Rumeng: "..." He was speechless. "You're evil!"

"Fourth Prince!" Eunuch Zhu said bowing politely before turning to the otherside at lightning speed to retch again. "- Retch!"

Rumeng suddenly gasped. "Prince! You're crying!"

Eunuch Zhu also turned to look back, startled. He had never seen the Fourth Prince shed tears before.

Xiangge's tear filled eyes were red and sorrowful, as if hiding a great fire beneath.

"Rumeng." He choked."Where are the medicines and herbs that I asked? It had been already three weeks since I told you to bring them!"

Rumeng wasn't dumb. He quickly understood what Xiangge was saying. He could only pull Xiangge away from Zhu.

"Lord Mingshan, don't worry. The Emperor won't die that easily."

Xiangge choked in his breath and tears. "What -?"

Rumeng heaved a sigh. "I already know everything. I was hiding behind the tree by the roadside wall. The Emperor also knew I was there. And I saw everything that happened."

Xiangge started trembling. "Then ... then you know that I ... stabbed him - "

"Xiangge, I know you well." Rumeng said anxiously. "You thought His Majesty would dodge, right? I understood it just with your nervous move. But you must understand, Xiangge, your tricks might work on anyone. But they are useless against His Majesty. After all, you grew up under His Majesty's care since the day you were born. There's no one who understands you better than him."

"I understand." Xiangge gulped. "It's true I hate him to the core. But still ... still he shouldn't die..." He ended lamely.

"His Majesty won't die." Rumeng said reassuringly. "Xia Mingyu can be fatal over mortals. But His Majesty has the highest cultivation in Xuan Huang. It's impossible for His Majesty to die of something like that."

"But he'll loose his cultivation!" Xiangge shouted furiously. "He's mad! He's a lunatic! He was too serious when I stabbed him. He didn't dodge!"

"Then Why did you stab him?" Rumeng asked gloomily. "If you stab him, shouldn't you bear the consequences as well?"