Chapter 3: Muddy Dreams, Sandy Nightmares

Swarms of flies drank your sweat as mosquitoes sucked what you bled.

Lost or not you followed your breast, but you sensed the jungle hiding its true dread...

Refreshing scent of vegetation masked by your body's disgusting stench of perspiration.

Sunsets soon, how would the creatures of the night loom?

At least the songs of birds fill your heart, just keep avoiding snake-filled branches.

For miles now you've been seeing moving bark, what's filling the jungle floor with dances?

The sun retires as residents finish their day. Still no hope of home.

When you sit, clouds above echo the sun's ray. When you sleep, bugs appreciate their new dome.

Dozens of pairs of legs trample the ground, salivating while looking down, appetite would be proud.

*CRUNCH* Something interrupts your earned sleep. Why do you feel so numb?

*MUNCH* You see pincers as big as your feet. When messaging your temples, you felt like a crumb...

Such are the crimes of it, but they won't help you much since we have a bunch of REAL emergencies. So, I highly suggest finishing your lunch, he said. Fuck them. I don't know how else to tell people I'm being followed by me. If even telling the authorities won't help, what should I do?

There's nothing else to do but take responsibility for this; it has my face after all. I should make a trap, I've seen it enter my house once, and it might do it again. But I don't want to confront it up close. I could use my bow, lock everything but the door, and wait. Would it be suspicious? How intelligent is it? It just hides, just beyond view, but it's there, it's always there. I see it now.

POW! GOTCHA! The shoulder is just as pleasing! Now for the c-confrontation. I'll draw another arrow in case it... how are you still standing? Why are you smiling, you have an arrow in-WHERE ARE YOUR TEETH?! That's not... there's no... that's skin...

HA! In the neck this time! You are absolutely hindered now, imposter! I will end this right here; all I need is fire and oil. Okay, I always have oil, and the steel is over there. Shit, the others are somewhere in here. I remember the

"Flint 'n kiten 'n charclof 'n bedrum."

You speak with my voice? How? How?! You have no mouth, only lips, and skin! You

"Shoo bee deh! Shoul be dea!"

Get away from me! Get away!

"I knee sawhah t' high! Geh way! Stah talleen! Whirr dah haaiirrr? Weres dah chaaiirrrr?! iiineeee to geh ou! Haaalp! Heeelp! Somewhah hell me! Stah tallkin! Stahp tallking! Stop talking! Someone plea help me! Wahh! Wahh! Wahh! ican-ican-ican't anymore! What in the... demon is this?! I can't... whisper... whisper... whisper. Please, just stop talking. Momma... momma... momma I caaaaaan't! I'm scared momma. It won't. Stop. Talking! Please... just... I got it. This will work. Yes... yes... YES! This will work! Yeah, keep talking you fucking demon! I won't let you roam Terra anymore! Okay, Okay, breathe. It's drawn by your voice. Shit! The chair won't hold! I gotta be quick! Yeah, yeah keep struggling through you fuck! I'll make you proud mom, I'll take this monstrosity out with me before it hurts anyone else! AH! Fuck... heh, heh heh, ahahaha! You're gonna fucking burn! You're gonna fucking burn with me monster! Thank you, Mac. I appreciate the help since there's not enough room for the two of us."

"W-what did you say?"

"I said to hide Aurra, now!"

"But Dad-" "No, hide now!" "Are those men going to hurt you?" "Aurra please." He slammed his hand onto the ground, & then Aurra felt a rumble under her, suddenly falling into a small chasm underground. After she landed on the dead leaves & dirt, the entrance above closed. She thought she was trapped until she saw sunlight behind her through a gap cluttered with moist soil & tree roots.