4. Knock on the door~

Start from the beginning

"Give me your phone, Advika."

My thoughts broke with her voice, It takes time to proceed my brain, I don't know what if she got to know about him, no no no, I couldn't think about anything because right now I'm completely blank.

"Advika, did you hear me, Advika,"

She said, waving her palm infront of my face I didn't know when she stood straight infront of me she lightly shook my arm with thinned brows.

"M-Maa...but?" I managed to say something but I stopped as nothing comes into my mind right now, she pressed her lips showing her bubbling anger inside her.

I shifted my gaze on the floor as I didn't have courage to look into her eyes, she quickly cut me cut off with her words.

"What, but? She asked in serious voice while tightly holding my arms, making me hissed in pain, there is nothing to keep it secret now.

I walked towards the bed and picked out my phone under the pillow and give her  my phone.

"It's very late you have to go to the bed because tomorrow you have to go to college right."

She said in soft voice with warm smile, who can believe she is the same person who is digging her nails in my arm few minutes ago,

She again forwarded her palm and placed it on my cheek she lightly caressed my cheeks, making me completely shocked.

"Maa, but I need my phone."

I said with panic, as she give me her most dangerous smile, I tried to convince her with my word but I don't think that it's was working by seeing her change face expression, I gulped.

"Actually I feel like you had really good screen time, and I thought, I have to keep your phone with me so that you'll get better sleep."

She said in serious voice but with tight lips smile on her face, I lowered my gaze .

Before leaving she patted my shoulder and without saying anything she left, I exhaled deeply and fixed my gaze on the open door of room, I closed my eyes and leaned  backward and drop my weight in mattresses, I took a deep breath.

I heard the door opening sound but didn't open my eyes, I know it was Dhriti.

"Di, did badi maa came here?" She asked laying down next to me, I couldn't able to talk about anything now.

"Hmm." I hummed in response while still my eyes were closed.

"What, she is doing here?"

She questioned hoping for an answer, I opened my eyes and turned my face towards her, she look at me from side of her shoulder.

"She took my phone with her," I uttered in low voice with flat expression looking at her.

"Whattttt.....?" She shouted and with jerked she sat on the bed, I inhaled deeply.

"Why? She added.

"Did she get to know about your relationship?" She muttered while looking at me, desperately waiting for an answer.

"No, she didn't know about the relationship but maybe, she got the hint that why?, she took my phone, now I don't know, what to do?" I replied, blankly looking at her changing expression.

"You have to talk with bhaiya about all this, until it's too late, I feel that,  something is not right, di?"

She uttered, and she made her eyebrows look thinner, maybe she's correct, I also have the same feeling that something is about to go wrong.

"I told him that, I want to tell him about something about me, this weekend and I know, he understand everything wisely without judging me about hiding my secrets." I said while staring at ceiling fan.

"But di, if they get the hint I don't think so, they'll let you go outside of house." She muttered with sad expressions, crossing her legs and sitting properly on the bed.

"We'll know about that by tomorrow, for now sleep ladoo, is too late." I said and I pulled the comforter over me and turned towards the side table. Then, I switched off the lights.

"But di?" She attempted to speak as she gently placed her hand around my waist from behind.

"Ladoo, sleep we will see together."  I mumbled softly as I closed my eyelids.

After a while, her breathing started to slow down, and she fell asleep. But I couldn't sleep at all. I kept thinking about what would happen in my life after going through so many terrible days. I still feel trapped and suffocated, and the only source of hope left in my life is Sam. After a couple of hours, I finally managed to fall asleep, but only after overthinking everything.

At about 7 in the morning, a beam of sunshine came through the window and landed on my face. I woke up and rubbed my eyes, then turned my head to see Dhriti sleeping with a baby. Seeing her made me smile, so I gently stroked her head before heading to the bathroom.

After a while, I stepped out feeling refreshed. I stood in front of the mirror wearing a white kurti set. I gently dried my hair with a towel and applied some moisturizer and lip balm. I added a small bindi and left my hair down. I put the dupatta on my shoulder and grabbed my college bag. As I went downstairs, I woke up Dhriti who seemed to have forgotten that she also had to go to college.

I walked downstairs, carefully making my way to the front door of the house without paying attention to anyone who was busy eating their breakfast. Just as I was about to leave the house, a voice caught my attention.

"You are not going anywhere Advika,"

Do not forget to vote and comment down below to let me know what you think about characters?

Share this book with your friends.

Bye💗