F.U.C.K. vs. Thanos

(banner credits: Smooth Duck for Thanos' domain, servalerror for Thanos, Nackles42 for Geno)

Welcome back! Yeah, one more sad simp section to kick off this chapter. Those are the saddest sections of this stupid story.

Monika: I heard that!

I know.

Green and Monika arrive at New Donk City only to find the place completely destroyed and ablaze.

Monika: ... What happened while we were gone?

Oh, and it seems like all of a sudden, Green and Monika have returned home to find a little surprise!

Monika: Did you have something to do with this, Curtizzles?!

Nope. This is all on you.

Monika: Me?! How?!

Just go.

Green: What's he going on about?

Monika: He says we've returned home to find a little surprise.

Green: He did something, didn't he?

Monika: He says it's all on us.

Green: What could have happened while we were gone?..

Green looks over to where Bert's lab just barely stands.

Green: Wait... BERT!

Monika: Oh no...

Green and Monika run into Bert's lab to find... a bloodied Bert lying on the ground. His carcass is charred and rotten, and many of his bones are broken.

Green: NO! BERT! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Monika: Who else could have done this if it wasn't Curtizzles?!

Fuck around and find out.

Green: Know what?! Fuck this! Where's the portal?! We're off to find Curtizzles!

Monika: How will we know where he is though?

Green searches throughout the room for the portal. He finds it concealed, with a new invention and a note right next to it.

Monika: ... What's it say?

Green bursts into a fit of tears while trying to read it out loud.

Green: "If you're reading this, it's possible that I've been killed by Fenix and his lackeys"... So it wasn't Curtizzles?.. Fenix... That bastard!

Green punches the ground in anger, creating a crack in the already-damaged lab floor. Monika begins crying too.

Monika: Green... Please, keep reading...

Green: "Put alongside this note is an invention. Attach it to the portal, and it will open the door to the world where Curtizzles currently inhabits. I know you've lost a lot, but please, keep on fighting. Give 'em hell, for me."

Green looks back at Bert's corpse, seeing it fade away in a flurry of pixels.

Green: NO NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Green falls to the floor in grief.

Monika: Please, Green... We have to keep moving. It's what he wanted.