Chapter 26 - Positive and Negative

"What!?" I was confused, "how did we get different answers?"

"I don't know how this works, though," Luke laid the test down.

"But we should go with the more expensive one. It's more expensive, so it should be more accurate."

"Not exactly. Maybe it just hasn't been given enough time yet. Maybe it can't recognize it until you're further along.."

"What are you talking about? I'm not pregnant," I crossed my arms, satisfied with my answer.

"Then how is there a positive?"

"I don't know. That's a cheaper one. Maybe it got messed up.."

"It could've, but we should go to a doctor to be sure," he suggested.

"Fine. We'll go, but only to prove that you're wrong."

"What if I'm right?"

"You won't be."

------

"So.. You think you could be pregnant? What symptoms are you having?" The nurse asked sweetly.

"I was having cravings, and some nausea. My boyfriend also says I was a little snappy, maybe because of hormones, he said," I explained.

"Oh. Your boyfriend decided not to come with you," she wondered. I hadn't brought Luke in with me.

"No, he's waiting in the waiting room."

"Okay. Now let's do an ultrasound. Please lay on here," she motioned over to a table.

"Now, could you lift up your shirt for me.. This gel might be cold. I'm just warning you," she smiled.

She rubbed the gel around my stomach, looking at the ultrasound screen. She stopped it at a certain place and pressed a few buttons before turning back to me.

"Well, you in fact are pregnant.. This right here," she pointed to a blob, "it may look like a blob, but that's your baby."

"Okay. Thank you," I grabbed a few copies of the ultrasound out of her hand, "also, I was wondering why there would've been a negative pregnancy test.."

"It might've been because it didn't recognize the pregnancy hormones in your body. When a pregnancy test is positive, I has to be true, because the only way it'll be positive is that it found the pregnancy hormones in your urine that were released when you became pregnant. There can't be a false positive. There can be a false negative, however, when the test doesn't recognize the pregnancy hormones in your urine," she explained sort of in depth.

"Okay. Thank you," I smiled as I walked out to the waiting room, doing my best to hide the ultrasound copies as I walked to Luke.

When I got over to him, of course the first thing he asked was, "so.. What did she say?"

"Well," I paused for a minute, "Happy Birthday, Daddy.. From me and Baby Hemmings."

"Oh my god, babe.." He hugged me.

"I'm sorry I doubted you. I mean, it seems like you know more about me being pregnant than I know about myself being pregnant.." I laughed a little.

"Yeah.." He chuckled, "now let's go tell the uncles.." He was referring to telling the boys.

------

When we got back to the hotel, Luke walked into Michael's room while I stood right outside of the room and could hear when I wanted to go in.

"Hey uncle Mikey.." Luke said, walking into his room.

"What?" Michael was confused, as we thought he'd be.

"You're going to be an uncle," Luke explained.

"What do you mean?" He was still confused. I walked in with an ultrasound in my hand. I gave it to Michael, and he was amazed by what he saw.

"Lucas, mumma Liz is gonna kill you.."

"I know.." He looked down, "so is Addie's mum. She's gonna kill me, well, they're both going to kill me."

"Yeah.. Sorry about that," I apologized.

"Babe, don't worry about it. If they aren't happy with us, who cares. We have each other and the boys, plus the 1D guys. They're like family to us too."

"Our parents aren't going to be mad enough to disown us. Plus, my parents will be just as mad at me as they will be at you. They'll be mad at both of us. Your parents will be too."

"Yeah."

"Well, guys, congrats! I can't wait to be an uncle!" Michael exclaimed, and we smiled at him before walking out of the room.

Ashton, being nosy, asked, "what were you guys talking about in there, you know, 'mumma Liz is gonna kill you'?"

"Look, uncle Ash," I handed him the ultrasound copy. His jaw pretty much dropped to the floor. He was so surprised.

"Oh my god, guys. This is great, right?"

"Sort of, yeah. Our parents are going to kill us. Plus, we're going to be parents. That part is good and bad. Parenting is hard, but we will have a child. That part is going to be amazing.."

"That would be amazing. I might borrow the kid sometimes to take it to the park and pick up some chicks.." Ashton would totally be the one to do that..

"No. you're not going to, Ash. It's my child, and I say no," Luke got defensive over Ashton's comment.

"Okay, babe, let's go tell Calum," I said into his ear.

"Tell me what?" Calum was actually right behind us.

"You're an uncle!" I exclaimed, turning around to him.

"You guys are pregnant!? Really? That's awesome! I can't wait to be an uncle!!" He was smiling like crazy, obviously really excited to be an uncle.

"Yeah. I'm three weeks along."

"Cool!" He walked away then. They all knew now.. What about our parents, though? That was going to be the hard part...