Chapter 11 - Birthday Gift

He pushed me against a wall, kissing me. I had no idea who it was, but I kissed back anyways. It had happened so quick that I couldn't tell who it was. I opened my eyes for a split second. It was Luke..

I pushed him away, hut he was still very close to me. He looked at me, confused at what I had just done. 

"Happy Birthday, Addie.." He whispered.

"Thanks. You get me anything?" I playfully asked.

"Yeah," he said back.

"What is it?"

"Me," he pressed his lips onto mine. I kissed him back once more. I smiled into the kiss, and so did he. He pulled away slowly.

"But I can take the gift back if you don't want it.."

"That won't be necessary," I told him quietly, pecking his lips quickly.

"So we're officially a couple?" He asked, smiling.

"Yeah," I answered, smiling back.

We walked out into the main hallway, hand-in-hand. Kara came over to us, way to excited.

"Oh my god, you guys are together now! Finally! I love it!" She said, "oh! But, Addie, no PDA, remember. That includes hand holding, according to Mr. Murphy.. He's so strict. I just don't want you guys to get in trouble. I know how much you would hate that, Addie," She reminded us While rambling.

"Well.. I don't really care if we get in trouble. If the teachers tell us not to anymore, so what? They can't stop us," I told her.

"Addie..  What's gotten into you? You're not yourself," Kara teased.

We walked away, into the auditorium, and Mr. Murphy saw Luke and me. He walked up to us and tried to get us to stop holding hands.

"Um, Addie, I though you understood the rules. You've been so good the past few days," he told me.

*Luke's POV*

"Well I just don't know what's so bad about holding hands. Other people are doing it. I've seen them," Addie fought.

"Miss Summers, I just don't want to embarrass the school."

"Why would me holding hands with my boyfriend embarrass the school?" She called me her boyfriend.. It sounded nice coming from her mouth. I'm her boyfriend, she's my girlfriend. I like the sound of that.

"Well, I see that Mrs. Harrison has taught you well in her argumentative session," Mrs. Harrison must be the writing or reading teacher at her school.

"Yeah, she must've. Now, answer me. Why will me holding hands with my boyfriend embarrass the school?" She said it again. I loved it so much.

"Cause it will show that you care more about your boyfriend than you do music," he told her.

"No it won't. I won't be holding his hand and talking to him the whole time during practice or during the performance."

*Addison's POV*

"Okay. It's fine to hold hands but not during practice. Got it?"

"Got it." I told him.

"Also, could I talk to Addie in private for a minute please, sir?" Mr. Murphy said to Luke.

Luke nodded, and began to walk away. Our hands slowly separated, and finally weren't together at all anymore.

Mr. Murphy said to me, "Addie, I don't like to do that, but I'm just trying not to embarrass the school. Plus, that's not my rule. That is Mr. Young's rule. He says that nobody can hold hands, kiss, or anything like that when they're at another school for a festival. I don't get it though. I really don't want to do that, but I'm trying to follow Mr. Young's rule. I'm sorry," he apologized.

"Oh that's alright.." I assured him.

"Also, you two are a very cute couple. I like you two together," he went back to being the friendly kind of teacher, which I liked most about him.

"Thanks," I smiled, walking to where Luke went.

"Is everything okay?" He wondered, not knowing if Mr. Murphy was mad at me.

"Yeah. It's just that he wanted to tell me that rule is our principal's rule, not his. He also thinks we're a cute couple."

"I do too." He grabbed my hand, still sitting down in one of the auditorium's chairs before the festival started.