15

(This chapter contains a small nsfw scene!...) 

When you arrived in front of Shanks' house, Marco insisted on holding your hand once more and accompany you until you reached to the door. You kept refusing his presence there, but he said that it's too dangerous for a lady to be walking around in such a bad-looking neighborhood, even mocking Shanks for not picking you up himself. Marco rang the doorbell, and while it signaled that you arrived, there was no movement inside the house, whatsoever. You checked the windows, and saw that the lights were on in only one room, meaning that there was, indeed, someone home.

"That's the bathroom, he must be showering or something." you superficially said, in hope that Marco would leave you alone once and for all. 

"That's okay, I can wait with you." he said, taking a seat on the stairs up front.

You had no idea what was going on with Shanks, but he had told you that you can come to his house whenever, if you needed a safe space. You were a bit mad at him for not being available right now, but also, really concerned for him, because he already relapsed into drinking, and he could be lying on the floor drunk somewhere, or even worse, passed out from alcohol poisoning. After 5 minutes of waiting and occasionally ringing the doorbell a few more times, you started to get impatient and even more concerned, and it looked like Marco was losing his temper as well.

"Did he even know you were coming?" the blonde man eventually asked out loud.

"Yeah, we had a date planned." you sounded a bit too nervous to be believed this time.

Marco quickly got up and headed back to his car. "That's it, I'm getting a warrant."

Your heart dropped. "A what?!" you yelled back.

"Would you just shut up? You've been lying to me all day. You think I'm stupid enough not to realize why Luffy was waiting for you there? And now Shanks doesn't even answer the door? Ace is in that house and I'm calling it." Marco aggressively said, entering his car, while you followed him inside. He quickly made a phone call and was keeping an eye on Shanks' house. 

He called someone to quickly get here, but with no success in your plan to stop him, soon enough, there were at least five police cars surrounding all the area around the house. You started shaking so much, because you had no idea whether or not Ace was really inside. Marco went outside to chat with the officers, and you were left alone in his car, with the perfect moment to check in with Ace. Luckily, he responded pretty fast. You explained what happened, and you were so relieved to find out that Ace was safe over at Luffy's house. Still, that didn't explain why Shanks didn't answer the door; but you had to hang up when you saw Marco coming towards you.

"Wanna see how they're taking the door down?" Marco smiled menacingly, but you followed him outside, out of concern.

After no one had answered the door in minutes, the police officers were actually breaking down the door, pointing their pistols inside once they succeeded. They advised you and Marco to stay out, and there were other cops outside with you, ready to take action if anything dangerous broke out. After a few minutes, almost all the neighbors nearby and other people passing by on the street had stopped to see what was going on with all that fuss, and once the officers have slowly started to come out, you heard a siren coming towards the scene. The cops nearby had to push everyone out of the dangerous circle and advised all the observers to leave or to keep the distance.

An ambulance was rushing and making its way into the crowd of people, stopping right outside of Shanks' house. Soon enough, a bunch of paramedics ran inside with a stretcher and other medical equipment. You feared that this would happen, but once you realized that this was all actually real, you felt your legs giving up, and you crumbled down on your knees, whilst trying to catch your breath. Marco was also watching everything with disappointment. You saw them bringing Shanks into the ambulance, hooking him up on oxygen, while everyone else was screaming and yelling, demanding to know what happened.