Chapter 20

At Basketball practice, Alora went to spend time with Liam, for she had volleyball practice after the basketball team was done. Liam appreciated to see his girlfriend spending her free time to watch him practice. When the team took a 5 min break, Liam went to chat with Alora. The two were approached by one of the team mates saying "Hey, we're having a party this weekend for the whole basketball team. Plus ones are welcomed" Liam accepted the invite pulling Alora in to him, saying "we'll be there." Alora thought Liam was being a little weird, though she has never met the guy who was talking to him. Liam explained to Alora "That was Jasper William. He's is our shooting gaurd. If he sees something he likes that he can't have, he takes a shot." Alora figured out that Liam didn't exactly get along with Jasper.
     Nyx sat with Brian in the cafeteria during lunch. Brian asked "Did you know that one can only be turned by the alpha of the pack?" Nyx looked at Brian and nodded her head yes, sadly. Brian noticed that Nyx looked a little down, so he decided to check in on her. Nyx explained how she felt, "I hate hiding this from my mom, I hate that I can't use regular silverware, I hate that I can't be normal." Brian asked Nyx "Have you ever tried touching silver?" Nyx nodded her head no, causing Brian to get an idea. Brian planned to get everyone together and test out what they can and can't do. Nyx looked at Brian for a second then said "Brian, honey, I love you, but that was the dumbest idea you've ever had. It's so dumb that it might be perfect."

      At Brian's house, Liam asked Brian "What is this crazy idea you've got?" Brian explained to Nyx, Liam, and Alora that he wants to find out what they can and can't do.
      First: Brian tested Nyx as to if she could touch silverware. Nyx successfully picked up silverware without pain.
      Second: Brian tested Liam to see if he could tell people what to do. Liam Successfully made Brian sit and bark like a dog. "Not cool man." Brian said afterwards.
      Third and last: Brian wanted to test out Alora's ability to raise the dead. Alora knew how to speak to the dead, but she wasn't sure on how to raise the dead. Alora focused long and hard, she wondered why she should be able to do such a thing. Nothing happened.

      That weekend, Liam and Alora went to basketball team party at Goldmoon's house. Liam noticed that not only the basketball team was there, but so were the cheerleaders and all the popular kids from school. Alora noticed Emma Amelia was also there. Alora was slightly upset, causing her eyes to turn black. Liam noticed Alora getting upset, so he grabbed her hand and whispered in her ear "I love you and only you." Alora calmed down, smiling at Liam.
      Liam went to get drinks for himself and Alora. Alora sat on the brick fence waiting for Liam. While waiting, Alora noticed Emma Amelia walking towards her. Alora stressed seeing her approaching. "You know it won't last." Emma said, but Alora ignored her. Emma continued, " He only does so much, then he becomes bored. He starts to get a bloody thirst." Alora responded "I noticed, except the part where he gets bored. I guess I'm good at keeping the satisfaction." Emma got out one last sentence before walking away, "Just so you know, he is going to hurt you eventually." Alora stared with anger at Emma, causing her eyes to, once again, turn solid black.

      Liam was getting drinks when Jasper walked up asking, "So, how's the cousin?" Liam got angry and looked at Jasper with hate. "Hey Vampy, it was only a question." When Jasper called him 'Vampy', Liam wondered how Jasper knew he was a vampire. Jasper pulled Liam closer, quietly saying, "Let's just say, you have no heartbeat."