007- No End To The Start

┏━━━━•❅•°•❈ - •°•❅•━━━━┓
Alea iacta est-
The dice has been cast.
┗━━━━•❅•°•❈ - •°•❅•━━━━┛

007: No End To The Start

Her shoulders dropped, an act of resigning to fate. The good thing about being a twelfth grader in BSH was that you could sit alone. Every other class had their seating arrangement in a pair of two, except SS3. But due to the new students arriving for each department, a massive number than ever witnessed in the history of BSH(they were surely going to make more money), the seats were returned back to normal.

Simply put, she was going to have a seat partner.

This decision was only beneficial to the ones who had friends. The ones who always had someone tag along everywhere they went or in whatever they did. Like a support system. Bukunmi didn't have that.

"Good thing is, you can sit with whoever you like. I know some of you have always waited for this day, so here you go. Seize the opportunity," the teacher said. Realizing the class paid only half attention to whatever she was saying, she waved a goodbye quietly and exited the classroom.

Bukunmi stared at the empty seat next to hers before resting her head on her table. No one was going to come and sit with her. She was fine with it either way, it was nice not to have someone to disturb her serenity.

"Where are you going?" She knew who was speaking. Even in her sleep, she could recognize the voice.

"To sit with her. I think that fair girl is coming to meet you. Have fun!"

"Marcellus-" George was interrupted by a loud hiss coming from Marcel to caution him. Before Marcel could retaliate, Jina appeared in front of both boys.

"Let's pair up, Head boy."

"Bold, that's nice," Marcel remarked to himself. Obviously reaching George's ears, the latter shot him a glare to which Marcel chuckled in response. "Have a great time with your seat partner, Amari."

Bukunmi could feel her heart sink into her chest. Of course he would sit with Jina. The most admired couple in BSH, even if they weren't actually a couple. But one couldn't lie, they gave real couple goals. And Jina happened to be the only female George acted friendly to in the whole of the school. She used to think he had no choice because they were both senior prefects but things looked different whenever he talked to her.

"Hey, reading partner."

She turned her head slowly and couldn't help but feel angered by the sight of the mixed race boy sitting next to her. This wasn't who she wanted. She wanted George Amari, the Head boy. "What do you want?" she snapped.

Marcel backed up in defense. "I don't bite, chill. I'm your seat partner."

"And who told you that?"

"I'm guessing you don't want me to sit with you." Bukunmi nodded as she absentmindedly listened to him talk. Her eyes were trained on the duo beside them, watching as George continued to smile to whatever it was saying Jina was saying. "Ouch, that hurt."